What's new

Backyard Dinosaurs For CC Please

One Sister

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern Louisiana
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Gulf Coast Box Turtle #1
tortoise.jpg


Gulf Coast Box Turtle #2
tortoise2.jpg
 
From the title of the thread I was expecting old man sitting in lawn chairs in a backyard :lol: Very cool photos though.
 
Flash looks good in the second, it served as nothing but fill flash and that was the wisest thing to use!

In the first, given the background is not bright, it doesn't look quite so good. It's too direct and the photo looks like a directly lit up night scene.
 
Flash looks good in the second, it served as nothing but fill flash and that was the wisest thing to use!

In the first, given the background is not bright, it doesn't look quite so good. It's too direct and the photo looks like a directly lit up night scene.

Well, on the first one I wanted the background to be darker than it was (ugly fence) and I did use a diffused fill flash with a Gary Fong Lightsphere (I used it on the second one as well). I needed this little gal (we think she came into the yard to lay eggs...it's that time of year) to reach out of the background as she appeared to want to do. I guess I don't understand what makes the light "too direct".
 
i actually really enjoy the first pic, for once the flash doesn't ruin it for me :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom