Backyard model session. C&C Welcome

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Using my 50mm f/1.4 and trying some new poses with my 'models' (daughters). The first is a little less comfortable around the camera.
KW1.jpg

KW2.jpg

This one is gonna give me heartburn when she hits High School. She's never said 'no' to going and taking pictures and she is a natural (IMHO) in front of the lens.
Alyssa3.jpg

Alyssa2.jpg

Alyssa4.jpg

Alyssa1.jpg

These are all very nice. Have another look at #2. Does it seem as if you got more light on her bodice than on her face?

Dark eye sockets (raccoon eyes), under exposed facial masks, and the white balance looks a bit off causing poor skin tone.

More directional light was needed, either reflected light or strobed light, to address the dark eye sockets, under exposure, and white balance.

I wonder what metering mode was used?

I have to disagree that any of these qualify as "raccoon eyes"...I can see catchlights in their eyes AND I can easily and clearly see their eye color and the whites of their eyes. I honestly think that with good RAW file processing, these could be made to look quite good. Yes, the lighting is quite diffused...but these are NOT what I call "raccoon eyes". I also disagree on the "underexposed facial masks" comment...again...I think it goes back to the PROCESSING of the files...these are not "underexposed"--these are "under-DEVELOPED". The tone curve is wrong for the exposure given...the highlights were protected, but the way the images were "PROCESSED" is making them look not up to snuff.

Maybe on the first one. And #2 does have a weird blowout in the middle of the picture. I was having a bit of trouble with the white pullover.

I'm not seeing raccoon eyes on the rest though.

Maybe on the first one. And #2 does have a weird blowout in the middle of the picture. I was having a bit of trouble with the white pullover.

I'm not seeing raccoon eyes on the rest though.

Exactly. The first has ecver-so-slightly darker eye sockets than the others, and yet, her eye color is discernable,so to me, that's just not "raccoon eyes".

Most reactions

Back