Maternity shoot

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife's cousin has had an unfortunate go with her pregnancy. First her baby shower was cancelled and then her photographer had to cancel her maternity session, all due to quarantine orders. And now that the quarantine order in my state has been extended until the end of May, the baby would be born before her photographer could get any photos.. To help out, I masked up, maintained social distancing, and took some time the other day to do a maternity shoot for her and her husband so at least they would have something from the pregnancy. It is their first child, after all. Up until a few weeks ago when I did some maternity photos for my wife, I hadn't done anything maternity related. I had to borrow some posing ideas from other talented photographers as I didn't have much in my repertoire for it. Here are my favorites, in no particular order. All shot with my D800 and either the Nikon 70-200 VRI or Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART.

As always, C&C welcome. I did take some C&C advise from my wife's shoot and kept VR off for these, as it apparently introduced some nervous bokeh. Had no idea that was an issue with my first generation 70-200's VR.

#1. 160mm, f/4, 1/250 sec, ISO 200
Meghan and Owen-128.jpg

#2. 135mm, f/4, 1.250 sec, ISO 200
Meghan and Owen-124.jpg

#3. 35mm, f/1.4, 1/1000 sec, ISO 100
Meghan and Owen-152.jpg

#4. 200mm, f/4, 1/250 sec, ISO 200
Meghan and Owen-109.jpg

#5. 150mm, f/2.8, 1/200 sec, ISO 100
Meghan and Owen-147.jpg

Credible effort. Great of you to step up to the plate.

Nice job. I really like the black + whites.

The two black and white photos are quite nicely done. I actually prefer the posing and expressions on the first black and white over its color counterpart.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back