Bad Adorama Experience.

I called Adorama on the 5th of Nov. to check if they are back in business after the horrible hurricane. The lady that i talked to assured me that everything is back to normal and items are in stock and are shipping the same day again. ......The problem here is, im not upset i didnt get my items yet, im upset that the customer service obviously has no idea whats going on in the warehouse department and are just feeding lies to customers. /endrant

Firstly, please accept my deepest apologies for your frustration and disappointment. I cannot identify your order from your posting, but if you are able to email me directly with your order number, I can certainly look into this.

A couple of things to note; the CS rep you spoke to is probably not based out of the New York office. If she had been she would have known that we were NOT back to normal by last Monday........anything but! Full mains electricity was only restored that day, and our telephone lines had suffered severe damage from the storm, which hadn't been repaired.
All day Monday, calls were dropping off as the engineers tried to get us back to full service. Even now, there are unresolved issues. Could you please email me with details of who you spoke to in CS along with your order number? [email protected]

I don't fully understand how you could have been sent an email by anyone in the Distribution Center, as they don't as a rule email with customers; can you please forward that email to me, as well?

It can happen that everything has gone through smoothly as it should; orders are picked and packed and loaded onto the UPS trailers, and then UPS don’t send sufficient drivers & tractor units to hitch the trailers onto.

It can also be that the tractors come for the trailers, but due to congestion at the UPS hub, packages don’t get scanned so it appears that they haven’t actually left our DC at all!

All that being said, I’m going to need more information in order to be able to clarify exactly what happened in this case. All I can do for now is apologize again, and look forward to hearing back from you.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Most reactions

Back