Bad Experience with 'Professional Photographer' NY

So all you're looking for is sympathy?

snip of temper tantrum.

Hey, can you tone down the nastiness a little?

I don't want to get int some stupid argument but if someone's suffered at the hands of some rogue it's nice that they should take the trouble to warn others.

He wasn't asking for sympathy, just expressing his thanks for those that offered it.

These forums seem to be a generally nice and relaxed place where people can ask questions and exchange information so please. if you can't post without being unpleasant, consider not posting at all. :(

Lean back, take deep breaths, chill and relax all ...

And I'll now merge all the threads on this self-same topic. For our Forum Guidelines clearly state the following:

* Spamming is not tolerated. Do not cross-post messages in multiple forums in an effort to gain attention. Furthermore, should it be obvious by your signature or posting style that you are here only to promote your business or product, you may receive a warning or possibly be banned. It is permissible for active, involved members to post links to their personal or business web sites.

Thought I'd point it out...

who at the time met our criteria quite well! ...

Am I correct in understanding your 'criteria' did not include references with their phone numbers?

I had a stupid and unsentimental tree cut down in my yard that cost half as much, and I not only got prices from several contractors, but called and checked every reference as well.

Good luck.

My fiancee hired Henna Photo & Video for our upcoming weddng oct 30-nov 2
yes ...Pankaj!

He did our engaement shoot on Labor Day and then told us he was leaving for India but would be back soon and we would have our pictures within a week.
we had hired him for our wedding oct 31-nov 2, 2008
we also paid him a $3000 deposit!!!
We have not heard back from Pankaj since Labor Day.

I contacted his office a couple times and some girl named Naz made convo with me and stated that Pankaj would speak with me when he returns in a couple weeks.

He is no where to be found. All phone lines are disconnected.

I tried to chat with naz online she replied that Pankaj is moving offices and hence no replies on the other line.

We have to find everyone that Pankaj has disappointed and do something about this.

How'd you find this guy in the first place? Probably more important is how'd he find you? You might want to plug that hole up. Again, good luck.

Hi Deep,

We just got a call from Pankaj and he reassured us that he is just moving to a new office, and he sent us an online gallery of our engagement photo shoot and reassured us that he will be at the wedding. He said he is in the process of calling his contacts so hopefully you will get a call soon.

Bifucator
[/quote]Did you also go outside your house and scream in the streets about this? How about carrying a sign back and fourth in front of your camera store or a photography school? You didn't did you? Because it would be TOTALLY RIDICULOUS to do so. Just the same as it is to post it here.

I'm not upset.. I don't care... but I don't dig getting painted black or watching you paint others black for your inappropriateness.[/quote]

Nah not nasty at all really calling people ridiculous and making it appear as if im generalizing the topic...sorry no I did not generalize, as for sympathy I dont need it on the boards I have friends and family for that if thats the case....but I was making a simple attempt to be cudious. When a person sympathizes, you express gratitude....wow really keep trying...really do make this about you, because even other users are noticing that I have not even taken the time to ackowledge you up until now....Im sorry really, ITS NOT ABOUT YOU!

Last edited:
Hi Deep,

We just got a call from Pankaj and he reassured us that he is just moving to a new office, and he sent us an online gallery of our engagement photo shoot and reassured us that he will be at the wedding. He said he is in the process of calling his contacts so hopefully you will get a call soon.

... and based on his past track record, you *believe* this guy??
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... shame on me. ;)

If I was you, I would get my pics from the guy and not walk, but **RUN** away to get a decent photographer while the chance is there.

Yeah, thats what we would like to do but he still has our $3000 deposit and the actual full sized pictures of the engagement photo shoot (he sent us a kodakgallery.com link). We also have a backup photographer ready just in case. Any suggestions on how we can get back our deposit and the full sized pics so we can just use the backup photographer instead?

And I'll now merge all the threads on this self-same topic. For our Forum Guidelines clearly state the following:

Thought I'd point it out...
Thank you, sorry for any inconvenience i've cause did not mean to cause any issues..

Hi Deep,

Hey Djmakd this is the same routine he ran us through he aslo sent us a letter stating that he was moving and then just skipped out permanently. He sent a e-mail to my fiancee two days ago saying he wanted to resolve it with a check....We refused, cosidering his track record with bounced checks no no no...pm me if you get a chance so we can exchange info on this guy

Any suggestions on how we can get back our deposit and the full sized pics so we can just use the backup photographer instead?

Did you sign a contract? Does the contract say he keeps the money if you back out? If yes, you got painted into a corner. I'd have a "guido" ready because chances are pretty good that if he did this once, he WILL do it again.

If not... because of his lack of ability to stick to the agreements, ask for your deposit money back and be out and out honest... you now want someone more reliable and trustworthy and unfortunately, its NOT him. Do this in the form of a letter from your lawyer. A few letters from people like is unpaid previous landlord stating that he is a shyster, and a few other people he's shafted in the past all help to paint HIM into the corner when it comes time to visit the courts. All you need to do is prove reasonably that you were concerned with his honesty based on past experience and he can do nothing but take it with a smile.

Of course, do this after you get and pay for your pics.

Hey, can you send me a private message? Just joined today and can't seem to figure out how to do it...please let me know...my fiancee is freaking out and luckily she has contacted another photographer who is available for that day as a backup. We just want our deposit back now and the pictures.

Hey Djmakd this is the same routine he ran us through he aslo sent us a letter stating that he was moving and then just skipped out permanently. He sent a e-mail to my fiancee two days ago saying he wanted to resolve it with a check....We refused, cosidering his track record with bounced checks no no no...pm me if you get a chance so we can exchange info on this guy[/quote]

Did you sign a contract? Does the contract say he keeps the money if you back out? If yes, you got painted into a corner. I'd have a "guido" ready because chances are pretty good that if he did this once, he WILL do it again.

If not... because of his lack of ability to stick to the agreements, ask for your deposit money back and be out and out honest... you now want someone more reliable and trustworthy and unfortunately, its NOT him. Do this in the form of a letter from your lawyer. A few letters from people like is unpaid previous landlord stating that he is a shyster, and a few other people he's shafted in the past all help to paint HIM into the corner when it comes time to visit the courts. All you need to do is prove reasonably that you were concerned with his honesty based on past experience and he can do nothing but take it with a smile.

Of course, do this after you get and pay for your pics.

I will have to check the contract, my fiancee was handling most of this, I hope that is not in there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back