bad habit

mistakendavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nathandspringer.com
ok so i worked on a film shoot this past weekend and took some production photos when i wasnt working, these are two of the actors getting ready for a scene.
20060411195140_img_0858.jpg

Cool shot. It's got a really good feel about it. Really like it, top job :thumbup:

You need to read the sticky in the Critique forum called "Posting in the Critique Forum - READ THIS!" to understand why your post was moved.

If you are trying to protray "bad habit", I think having the book in the shot would be considered a "good habit" and being that you are trying to focus on the smoke and alcohol associated with youth, having the book throws me off a bit.

NEW.jpg

If you don't mind me editing.No offense

Mohain said:
Cool shot. It's got a really good feel about it. Really like it, top job :thumbup:

You need to read the sticky in the Critique forum called "Posting in the Critique Forum - READ THIS!" to understand why your post was moved.

whao i have not read that in about a year and it looks like the times are a changing

The shot does not say anything to me, maybe if the cigarette was light and some of right haft was cropped off

Perhaps it's because I'm a smoker, but I just sat here looking at the picture for about five minutes trying to work out which habit is bad!! Ok, maybe I'm not the fastest off the blocks, but I didn't get that until someone explained it!

The first impression of the shot is "arm". The second is "beer bottle". Because of the light and DOF, the eye is drawn by the natural frame of the table, beer bottle and arm/t-shirt to the central chap reading the book. If your subject is in fact the unlit ciggie, then it's way too small and not placed correctly for a subject. The combination of the chap on the right having his head cut off and the seemingly vast expanse of bare arm are distracting, and harsh as it sounds, don't lead me anywhere.

It's an interesting shot, because I keep going back to look at it and try and figure it out, but it has no communicated message of bad habit to me.

Hope that's helpful critique, not just the ramblings of a looney. Things have changed in critique, but all you need is an explanation of what you're after - feedback wise and perhaps more information on what you were trying to take.

Rob

Rob

Most reactions

Back