Bad news....and a little good...

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, brother phoned me, and my results are in...hmm...which order to tell them...

Firstly, drama...I got a C in that..not so good in my eyes.

Then..the bas news...psychology...U....I cant believe it.

I have 2 theories, 1, im an idiot...which is the likely answer.
2, as you all know I have dyspraxia and cant write well...and I think they couldnt read my writing...atleast in a way I hope its that.

Good news...Photography...B...that aint so bad, could have gone with an A...

Sorry it wasn't what you had hoped :( Any chance you can talk to the psychology instructor to find out if the writing was the issue?

I think you did well. I only passed two of my exams. Partly because I didn't turn up for lessons, partly because I refused to do any homework and coursework and partly because I just didn't care, at all.

And to think they even picked me out as a "gifted" student. I was told I could take an extra subject if I wanted. Of course I said yes, until I found out I'd have to be in school at 7:30am. You can probably guess what happened....

So, who cares if you didn't pass then all? I'm hardly a shining example. You're young and in truth exams only have any meaning at the very beginning of your life. You can sort yourself out and get better marks any time you want. And in a few years time they (the results you got) won't mean a great deal because you would have moved on.

Thats a good point Ferny...and yeh alison I will ask the teacher, but being the fact that she only showed up 50% of the time...yah know...I hope it was just my writing...I always thought I was good at psychology...

It's hard because I'm not sure I understand what the exams are...I think it has a different meaning here in the states. If I didn't pass psychology and it was a required course I'd have to take it again...but that doesn't seem the case with what you're talking about. Are these exams for college/university placement? Perhaps like our SAT/ACT exams here? If that's the case then Ferny is absolutely right, at the time it seems like the worst thing in the world to not score well, but in a few years it won't matter at all.

Yeah in the state if you make a bad grade it can haunt your GPA(grade point average) something fierce. In grammer school(k-12) it's not soo bad but it does show up on your college entrance transcripts. In college, a bad grade is BBBBAAAADDDD...it will lower your GPA and could possible keep you from graduating...like Alison said...you have to take it over until you pass...and each time adds into the GPA. Just focus on your school work and less on the ladies little bro.

GPAs suck. I hate mine. I failed heaps of subjects my first year at uni and now my GPA is really bad - considering that I'm kicking ass in all my subjects now. And they're so unfair - it's easier to get a bad GPA than a good one, coz you'll never ever get 100% but it's very easy to get 0%. Grrrrr.

I failed Psych too Dan, I dunno why either... well I do but it was a shock at the time. Coz I was good at the psych. But in the exams we had heaps of questions about the actual guys who did all the tests and the dates they made all these discoveries... Now I'm absolute crap at remembering dates and names so of course I failed all that... problem is... that's practically all the exam was on. I was so pissed off - and so was the rest of the class - coz that's not psychology - that's just history. Grrrr.

If you think your mark is unfair, go and see the teacher about it. They could've mucked up the results even and given you someone elses. It's happened to me before. On my grade 12 senior report card the Deputy Principal wrote that I was "Culturally insensitive" blah blah blah!! It's pissed me off for years now ever since I got it. I wish I'd just gone and seen the Principal about it and got her to change it.

On the same report card, my physics teacher wrote that I never do any work in class and never ask for help. I went and spoke to him about it and explained that I did all the work at home, and never asked questions because at the start of the year I'd been to see him and got all the answer sheets off him for the questions so I didn't need his help. I showed him all my work books and he said "wow, i never knew, that's good!" So he changed it to a much better report. Hmmm thinking about it now, he must've thought I was cheating coz I got really good grades. Bastard.

Stupid teachers.... (see i'm not culturally insensitive). ;-)

Don't worry... you'll do fine next time! :thumbsup:

I dont think they will let me continue the subject, so there wont be a next time...that means I also wont be in full time education...and no uni for me :( lucky ive decided against uni...

Most reactions

Back