What's new

Bag/Pack recomendations?

KasparP

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I take pictures of people, nature, basketball games, ect. Dont really go hiking or anything.

I want to be able to hold:

My D60 Body
A couple lenses
Flash
Tripod


What would be a nice bad under 100 or so for me?

Thanks guys
 
Last edited:
I have been really happy with the lowepro Primus It allows you to get your lens out while it is still on your back, can hold a sandwich or two + an SLR 70-200 + a few other lenses. It has a tripod holder... everything you could want :)
 
Domke F-3X. No place for a tripod though. But if you're not hiking you can just carry it in your hand. :)
 
I was thinking and I think I want a sling type. Maybe a slingshot pro or a fastpack?
 
Ugh. I recently sold my Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW that I had for a few months. What a hassle that thing was. Sounded like a good idea: Swing it around to the front, grab your camera out and start shooting. It works fine for that. However, if you want to get any other gear out of the main compartment, you have to take it off unless you want to risk dumping your gear out on the ground, which defeats the purpose of getting a sling type bag. And it's a hassle to take on and off, especially if you wear a hat and/or glasses.

I would strongly recommend getting a shoulder bag of some type. I have an olive Domke F-4AF that I bought recently and I love it. It's tall enough to hold a D90 w/grip and attached 80-200 f/2.8 vertically on one side, plus my 85mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.4, and my Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 on the other. And that's just in the main compartment. There are four other large pockets and one small zipper pocket. My friend has a Domke F-3X ballistic that he loves. Crumpler makes good shoulder bags too.

The F-3X will easily hold what you have, except for the tripod.
 
Ahhh I dont know what to do!

Now I'm debating if I should just buy a backpack, I definatly dont want a over the shoulder messenger bag type thing.


I can get the slingshot 200 aw for 62 dollars shipped

I got the gear stated above, everything should fit but what happens when I upgrade and get another lens or something?

What would be a good bag under 100 thats bigger?
 
I don't think any of the slingshots will hold a tripod... but you may also want to think about proper weight distribution... if you're going to carrying it for long periods putting all the weight on one shoulder could get uncomfortable...
 
Its tough for me to decide because Im still new at photography. I wanna take some long exposure pictures but if I do that I'm not sure if I'll always be goin around with my tripod on.

Ahh, idk what to do. What do you think? Under 100.
 
What are some nice two strap backpacks?
 
that lowepro primus that simplefoto suggested looks like it might be good... i would just recommend going to your local camera supplier and having a look at them, try them on, get a feel for what is going to work for you... think about ease of use, does it have enough room for your current gear, do you think you might be expanding your equipment list.. does it have a tripod holder, and what is the weight capacity of it... maybe pick a model and try some used sites... there are some good deals out there.
 
Its so hard to ask for help with bags as they are such a personal choice. Comfort, gear, style, use, etc. I second the recommendation to try them out at a store. I didn't have that luxury myself as I live hundreds of miles from the nearest camera store. That's the reason I have so many bags in the closet. LOL
 
im in the same kinda boat as you, and ive been looking at the lowepro mini trekker aw, seems pretty good for the price.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom