Bag/Pack recomendations?

i think it's a little tough when it comes to recommendations for a bag... as it really IS just personal choice, as mentioned above. people can only tell you what bag fits THEIR needs, not yours. i guess the same goes with lenses too... haha

but i guess one piece of advice i have to offer is... for under $100, get a messenger-bag-styled bag... it makes getting your gear out quicker and safer. might look a little dorkier than a backpack, but at least you'll be able to switch a lens or grab a flash without having to take it off.... put it on the ground... open a zipper... grab a lens... close up the bag, put it back on. i'd rather look a little dorkier and grab my gear easier, than look cool and fumble with my back pack. yes, i currently use a backpack style bag XD... starting to use my dad's dorky old lunchbox shaped case more though as it fits in my schoolbag and its just so much more efficient.

I have 3 LowePro bags. One is too small, one is too big and one is about the right size. ALL ARE TOO HEAVY!! They are heavily padded and that adds a lot of weight. Two can be used with a belt to alleviate their weight. I've used a belt but that throws you so far out of balance that it becomes very tiresome and exhausting to use. It also throws my spine out of whack.

I normally a lot of walking. My photo shoots are all day affairs often in hot Florida weather. I'll use my medium bag to carry my camera stuff however when I get to my destination I'll use this:

Domke | PhoTOGS Vest - Large (Khaki) | 734-003 | B&H Photo Video

Hope this helps. Good luck.

if you order from ebags bing cashback usually has 20% off or so

Debating on the DR 466 and the DR 467

Whats the difference? If one is less bulky than the other and fits the same I'll get that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back