Bags

Dave Maciak

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are Bellingham bags worth the extra cash? I need another 1 camera 2 lens bag--I keep telling myself I do. Otherwise have been a loyal Think Tank customer.
Thanks in advance for input.

Are Bellingham bags worth the extra cash? I need another 1 camera 2 lens bag--I keep telling myself I do. Otherwise have been a loyal Think Tank customer.
Thanks in advance for input.

Servus Dave, asking for gear here like this doesn't work ... everybody will throw at you his/her subjective view and opinion .. however what works is to make a little research and reviewing all those infamous top X camera bags charts around the internet ++ on youtube review videos where you can see the bag "in action" and decide, if it's good for you or not .. like this I've found for myself and bought this vanguard bag and I would never change it (I have more bags, I've bought this bag when I wanted a **messanger style of bag) ..

my personal opinion is to buy a camera bag from brand that specializes on camera gear specifically .. otherwise it usually doesn't work to be jack of all trades .. I have some other bags worth of hundreds of euros each from renowned brands but my experience is, that otherwise the brand's specialization is photography gear, they are junk compared to camera bag from photography gear brand ..

haha, to entertain you, my last addition to my collection is this bag .. it didn't appear in those mentioned top X camera backpack charts ... for a reason :D, I bought it and it turned out, that's one of the worst camera backpacks that I've ever seen .. as a bag it's great, I'd rate it as a backpack B+, but as camera backpack, I'd rate it *F* (yes, no mercy, great brand, Tatonka is a parent company, pretty expensive, but as camera backpack it's just meh ....)

why do I share this ? this is prominent example experience that I've shared above ... Tatonka/Tasmanian Tiger ain't brand specialized on photography gear and theirs photography gear could not stand out on this field ..

haha, to entertain you, my last addition to my collection is this bag .. it didn't appear in those mentioned top X camera backpack charts ... for a reason :D, I bought it and it turned out, that's one of the worst camera backpacks that I've ever seen .. as a bag it's great, I'd rate it as a backpack B+, but as camera backpack, I'd rate it *F* (yes, no mercy, great brand, Tatonka is a parent company, pretty expensive, but as camera backpack it's just meh ....)

why do I share this ? this is prominent example experience that I've shared above ... Tatonka/Tasmanian Tiger ain't brand specialized on photography gear and theirs photography gear could not stand out on this field ..
Anyway, bought the Bellingham used at B+H. I knew I would. It's a good bag and a bit worn--looks like a world traveler. I like it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back