Bailey's Pond

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While I was out photographing Florals this past Monday, I stopped by Bailey's Pond. Weather conditions weren't exactly the best with brilliant blue skies, & strong contrasty light. Bracketed several images looking for a decent starting point to be used in PP editing. Here's the final result of a few long sessions trying to come up with an acceptable "pondscape".

All CC's are certainly welcomed, as I'm sure that a lot more can be done.

Baily52812 030 by joelwillstein, on Flickr

Makes me want to just sit on the bank and think about nothing for a while. Nice relaxing shot, Joel.

Thanks Scott for the kind words. There are wooden benches and chairs all around the pond,and that's exactly what I did for a little while.

Nice. I checked and it's level, but I feel like it is not; it must be one of those perceptual tricks. I wouldn't cut off the top of that tall pointy tree, or crop at the very tip. It needs a little bit more space, imo. Oh, maybe you can flip the whole photo 180 degrees vertically to fix that! hehe.. ;)

Jaemie, thanks for your comments. Sure wish I could say it's cropped, but this is how it came out of the D90. I even used the level on the tripod as I didn't want to have to play with leveling in PP, as it does do some cropping to level things off. The curvature of the pond does play it's tricks on one's eyes. But if you look at the Pine trees, they're vertical.

Try to get to that same spot and back up one step(if possible). That cut tree top is the only part bugging me along with the branches on the right.

Jake, Thanks for your suggestions. Bailey's isn't close to my home, so it's going to be a while till I make the trip back. the branches on the right I included to add some interest to the foreground, and to give some scale to the size of the pond. Looking at it now, I'm thinking that maybe that wasn't the wisest of ideas.

Most reactions

Back