Bald Eagles working on the nest.

davev

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few shots from about 700 of a pair of eagles working on their nest.

a7RIII, Sigma 150-600c, Sigma MC-11 adaptor.

48991883732_d4a2de891c_h.jpg

48991883692_acd7652abe_h.jpg

48997548143_c836296533_h.jpg

48998297497_c40b611ae1_h.jpg

48998296812_0615686a17_h.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Outstanding set of images. I really like the last one. What do you mean by "from about 700"?

wonderful shots.. just beautiful

Thanks everyone.

"Outstanding set of images. I really like the last one. What do you mean by "from about 700"?"

When I got to the spot where I had a somewhat clear view of the nest, my shutter finger was very active. In 45 minutes I took about 700 shots.
Many of them look the same at 10 shots pre second. I was trying to guess when take offs and landings were going to happen.
The birds fooled me a lot on this day, but it was good practice.

The view of an empty nest at 150mm.
I'm on a bluff that drops about 40 feet. You have to shimmy down a bit to get to this one opening to view the nest.
48997547183_f6496a8f81_b.jpg

I can hear it now, "move that branch a little to the left, no your other left"! Beautiful shots! I don't envy you sifting through to find the keepers, but it looks like it's well worth while. :)

I can hear it now, "move that branch a little to the left, no your other left"! Beautiful shots! I don't envy you sifting through to find the keepers, but it looks like it's well worth while. :)

It's really not al that tough to go through the shots.
I use Photoshop CC with Bridge.
In Bridge, I enlarge the photo to 200% and check to see if it is sharp, if it isn't, it's deleted.
I normally toss 20% of the photos in this faze.
Then I look for shots that have poor poses, or are just off putting to my eye. There goes another 20%.
Then I start looking for the ones that I think jump off the screen, or at least they do for me on that day.
When I find one, I process it.
On this day, I kept about 400 shots, processed 13, and in a couple of weeks I'll go through them again to see if anything else appeals to me.
After that, they go to the back up drive and will probably sit there til I'm dead.

All in all, this process only takes a couple of hours with this amount of shots.
Because all the shots are in the same place, with the same lighting, I just copy the settings, and in ACR, use the same settings on each shot.
There may some minor adjustments, but they happen quickly.
Then into Photoshop, resize, and save. Of course there are times that I'll spend a half an hour on a shot, but that's pretty rare.

Most reactions

Back