What's new

Bali

Bukitimah

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 22, 2011
Messages
279
Reaction score
7
Location
Singapore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been shooting mainly macro over the past 1 year. Now I am moving into landscape and would like to share some recent shots taken while on a trip to Bali. Hope to hear some tips on how to improve.

7a5a12f.jpg


6475939.jpg


a97be12.jpg


9a70b1e.jpg
 
I love travel photography and photos from lands I've yet to visit. Bali is high on my list. #'s 1,2,3 suffer from under-exposure of the subjects. While you kept the sky from blowing out completely the subjects are too dark and lack vibrance as a result. A reflector or flash could be used to "fill" or you can just not worry about blowing the highs and get the subjects exposed properly.

#3 is a pretty cool Silhouette but that sun just destroys an otherwise beautiful image. In this case you might have tried exposing for the sky and totally black out the subjects. ;)
 
Trever1t, thank you for the comments. Landscape is still a fairly new subject to me. Yes, the sun was very strong throughout the 4 days while I was there.
 
The first thing that struck me was in the first one you took the shot from a perspective that placed the people under the sun in the image. Steeping to the right (if possible) a few steps would have put the people Andrew left and the sun to the right. As it is I feel the image lacks balance- if the sun were over to the right instead of directly over them it would help balance it out.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom