Balloon Festival

Mia331

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We went to a balloon festival this weekend so I thought it might be a great opportunity to take some photos. I tried to take a few photos so they werent the typical shot of a hot air balloon as that can get boring. CC is welcome ;)

031 by Jessica0613

042 by Jessica0613

094 by Jessica0613

034 by Jessica0613

Last edited:
Me too. Nice Work. 2 and three need a bit more light.

Nice shots. I am going to the Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Festival in about a week and half, should be exciting. It will be a new genre for me - sports action photography - I assume that the participants consider it sport(?)...not a lot of great action - slow and steady, but a challenge to capture some good images.

Mia331, do you have any pointers - anything you did that worked and/or anything you did that didn't work - anything you wish you had tried?

Cheers,

WesternGuy

I was at a balloon festival a few weeks ago, and I was cursing myself for not having a good telephoto. However, as soon as they started inflating the balloons, I found myself at 17mm, wishing I had a wider angle.

In order to get both the people setting up the balloons and the actual balloon launches, you need to be able to go from 200+mm down to 15mm.

With that said, #2 is my favorite. Simple, and somewhat humerus.

Thanks for the advice Hickeydog.

#2 is a great composition. You should consider dialing up the exposure a notch and seeing how that looks.

Thanks for the feedback! I would have to agree with Hickeydog about the wide angle lens....I dont have a wide angle just the 55 & 200mm lens. I found myself using the 200mm for the zoom and to try and zoom in to get the crowd out. We were able to get close to the balloons but my lens was not wide enough so I could quite get the angles I would have liked to try so I had to keep my distance and work with what I had. The good thing is that there were so many balloons that there are a lot of options and opportunities.

If you have a wide angle lens def take that with you for options and have fun with it! Dont forget to post pics when you get back!! :thumbup:

I like #4 a lot, it looks like a fun slide... great shots!

I like #2 the best, but it is a little bit underexposed.

Most reactions

Back