What's new

Balluminaria - CC

AverageJoe

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 16, 2007
Messages
918
Reaction score
4
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tell me what you think of these, be as honest as possible.

1:
IMG_1269.jpg


2:
IMG_1279.jpg


3:
IMG_1291.jpg


4:
IMG_1296.jpg


5:
IMG_1317.jpg


6:
IMG_1364.jpg


7:
IMG_1388.jpg


8:
IMG_1381.jpg


EVENT INFO: Apparently (I say that because I am new to Cincy) every year balloons gather at this reflecting pond to put on a light show. The balloons never leave the ground but light up as hundreds gather to watch.

SHOOTING INFO: Shot with a crop body, various focal lengths, around F/5 and F/6.3, 400 ISO, I turned bracketing on and shot bursts to mix up the exposure.

OTHER INFO The difficulty was achieve a good exposure because the balloons would light up for a 2-3 seconds and then turn their burners off and darken. Just about everyone had a camera, from their iPhones to ultra high-end DSLRs. As you'll notice, mainly the focal length changes as I staked out a spot I couldn't really move to a better vantage point that didn't already have a tripod on it by some other photographer so some of the shots are redundant but I thought the more the better.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom