Band Logos

I disagree... I have seen many "Which watermark/logo is better?" threads, how is this any different?

Of course these are not photos, but they were created with photoshop and almost everybody here uses photoshop - seems like a good place to ask (TPF that is - not necessarily the off-topic section).
thank you maybe you and I can convice them

I disagree... I have seen many "Which watermark/logo is better?" threads, how is this any different?

Of course these are not photos, but they were created with photoshop and almost everybody here uses photoshop - seems like a good place to ask (TPF that is - not necessarily the off-topic section).

theres always someone who argues what the majority says.. but hey, thats life right.. some people just like to argue... watermarks are a PART of photography.. a band logo isnt.. unless he's putting it on the bottom of his photos...and if thats the case, none of these will work

So if er111a were to paste these onto a photo they would be ok; but as they are now, 'naked' if you will (like all the watermarks in those threads), it is not ok?

What if the name of this thread was "Studio Logos" instead of "Band Logos"? Would it be ok then?

no friend... if they were a watermark, it would be ok (on a pic or not) but they arent a watermark, they are a band logo...so wrong forum... and as i said, if the intent is to use this as a photo watermark, they wont work... if he stuck those logos on a picture, i would say "terrible watermark" cause none of them work as a watermark

So if er111a were to paste these onto a photo they would be ok; but as they are now, 'naked' if you will (like all the watermarks in those threads), it is not ok?

What if the name of this thread was "Studio Logos" instead of "Band Logos"? Would it be ok then?

Oh stop. Seriously.

BAND LOGOS have absolutely zero to do with photography. Zero. No amount of rationalizing is going to change that.

Yeesh.

As someone who used to book bands for shows (alternative,punk,emo,screamo) i would say that you want a really simple text to put on stuff and somthing that translate well to black and white.. because when i did flyers for the shows or did promotional cds or somthing if it didnt translate well we just redid the text but if it doesn translate well more than likey they will throw it on a fleyer like that and if they do that people get used to seeing that font or somthing.....

now a few suggestions... rember if its a alternative band you want somthing edgey that catches intrest alot of the ones excluding number 1 are all like they belong on a bad website.... try to go with the snowflake idea cuz it will translate well in black and white... but make it so it is more readable.... rember you dont want you sign to look like a bad web page its a bad for heavens sake lol... also try to have a friend draw somthing up than scan it to photoshop and work it a bit your text will come out alot better plus it will be a little more personal....

josh

if you want a little more help IM on aim -hardcorecereal

i'm a youth pastor... i deal with teens.. some who make really stupid choices that sometimes tick me off.. all in all, i love my job, its awesome.. i just have my days when i'd like to hit the kids i work with
As a teenager myself I know what you mean

maybe this one. sorry it took me like 3 mins to finish it.. i think it looks better than what you have up there.

eternal.jpg

I've done a fair bit of this kind of stuff in the past, a couple of tips if I may.

A good logo is both eye catching and easy to read in equal measures, if you sacrifice one for the other you get a crap logo. #1 for instance looks very cool but it's practically ilegible so it's a write off.

It's also a good idea to decide where you want to use the logo and make it flexible enough to do all the things you need. If you're trying to establish what is essentially a corporate identity then you have to be able to make it work in every area you promote your band so your website/myspace, CD covers, flyers etc all keep the same theme. To do this you need to simplify what you're doing. Start with the font, chop all the fancy stuff and work from there. If the font doesn't work on it's own in black and white then it's the wrong font. Once you've got that you can start doing different versions for different jobs, straight black and white for flyers (unless you've got a serious printing budget) something a bit more grand for the myspace banners and CD covers designed around or at least suiting the logo.

Might I also suggest you take a bit of time to think about what you want the logo to say about you, it'll be the first impression many people get so make it the right one. 3 and 4 for instance look a bit goth for an alt rock band. The name suggests a kind of "Chronicals of Narnia" fantasy feel but you'll want to give that some edge I'd imagine so for that the font in 2 might be suited although I have to say it does nothing for me.

Anyway, I hope this is some help. Do you have a myspace page? Stick up a link and give's a listen.

Last edited:
what he said.

Try posting on a graphic design forum.

If you want a design critiqued, ask designers.
If you want a photo critiqued ask a photographer.
If you're sick, see a doctor, not a plumber.

Same goes for all the studio logo watermark stuff around here too

Funny how having photoshop makes peeps think they are designers...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back