Band Photo Shoot

iBats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So im doing a photo shoot for a band on saturday - for free i might add, any suggestions?

kinda vague i know but any advice will help

So im doing a photo shoot for a band on saturday - for free i might add, any suggestions?

kinda vague i know but any advice will help

Lighting would be good, but your sig says one SB and no hint of triggers.

Find out what the band members are like and use that in your photos.

I really hate your standard, "everyone stand around and make a mean face" type shoot. Get creative and thing outside of the box. Have them in motion and doing things, or posed creatively. Use props, toys, clothes, garbage, fire, etc...

I really hate your standard, "everyone stand around and make a mean face" type shoot. Get creative and thing outside of the box. Have them in motion and doing things, or posed creatively. Use props, toys, clothes, garbage, fire, etc...

Agreed. Stay away from the old warehouse, grunge clothing, and stink face shoot. Catch peoples attention by strange location shooting. My suggestions:

-Cheesy family portrait style shot.
-Maybe picking flowers in the park shot.
-Posing with strangers shot (old people would work very well for this).
-Anything that will make a promoter look at the photo for more than 1/2 sec.

Do a search for band shoot, anything that pops up throw out.

And yes, bring your camera and lenses, all of them. Wide angle shots can work too.

p!nK

Keep it natural, get them with their instuments maybe. There's nothing worse than over posed band photos. I'm doing a shoot with a band and I'm doing a busking shoot, just sitting on the street with acoustic instruments.. and then to a restaraunt for dinner and drinks.

So its an actual photoshoot? Not a concert/gig?

Most reactions

Back