BAND SHOTS FOR E-PRESS KIT prt 1

newrmdmike said:
i myself do not have anything beyond an entry level dslr, i'm shooting with a d70s, if i mistakenly took this as sarcasm then i'm sorry. but thats what it sounds like to me. " You know what, I'm just going to bow out of this one.

You're obviously the pro here, so I'll defer to your superior knowledge, talent, education, and charisma. ;-)"

i never said i have superior knowledge talent education or charisma, certainly not charisma. also, i'm not a pro, i'm a student, who say what i know, or believe to be true.

and your right, i don't take criticism to well, there is motion blur in number 4, speaking of which how are you viewing my exif data? i'd like to know how.

why do you think i believe these to be the best shots since sliced bread?

what kind of meet-up do you have in mind? is it the kind where you think you'll kick my ass? i love a good match, even if it ends with me getting whooped. do you box? martial arts? what? its nice to know before commiting to things, i only weigh 150 lbs, wrestled for a while, picked up boxing and mma since then . . . so if your anywhere near my weight class and would like to have a tpf meet-up slash mma match i'm up for it.

no hard feelings i hope, i'm not mad or upset, i just don't understand the sarcasm i'm getting from you.

LOL, no one said anything about kicking any ones ass. Well except for Daniel, but that's neither here nor there. I suggested meeting in person because I've found that many people don't talk the same way on the internet as they do in person. And there's zero nonverbal communication which makes it hard to judge what you meant by your 'smartass' remark. If you were calling me a smart ass to be 'big billy badass' and start something, then I would invite you to at least say it to my face, that's all.

Sounds like to me we just got off on the wrong foot.

You're obviously excited about your shots, and I can respect that. Each time I go out and shoot, I feel like I'm turning out the best shots I've ever made. It's tough when someone critiques me, and brings me back down to Earth. You just posted these up with the implication you wanted feedback and opinions, but then you didn't particularly take well to it when I gave you mine--thats all I meant by you thought they were the greatest since sliced bread.

I'm not mad or upset either, and I'm pretty sure you don't want a good match with me, just simply because I'd probably squish your brain out your ears when I landed on top of you....not much shy of being twice your weight ;)

Oh and I use Opanda to view EXIF data, google for it, it adds an option to your right click menu that allows you to view it. There's a seperate one for IE and Firefox, and it has a free shareware version for each. Comes in handy.

:)

newrmdmike said:
nice, brain squishage.

hahaha.

ahhhh i love the internet.

glad yall could make up. and robert, your post was right...neither you nor mike is hostile in person at all. the internet brings out the worst and/or best in people :)

Umm...anyway, lol. I was going to say that I'm really liking #5 and #9. I've never shot a band before. Maybe my friend who's in one would be willing to let me practice. Looks interesting.

Sorry I didnt even comment but I wanted to crack a joke !!!

1,2,3 & 9 are totally HOT !! I love the look.

Theres not much you can do without overexposing the highlights.

Sometimes gaffers tape and construction paper can save the day !! yey!!

All in all great shots... Another light with a honeycomb/soxt box would of been nice, but then you wouldnt have the nice 3:1, or 4:1 lighting I see in most of these pics that gives you the dramatic definition...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back