Band's Rehersal Room

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the room where my boyfriend's band practises. And they wanted me to take some photos of the place and of them playing etc. They're a pretty happy-go-lucky/melancholic group (if that's possible) but slightly leaning towards the more 'dark' sad side. So I just thought it was hilarious that they practise in a room that looks like something out of Playschool.

I'm not completely happy with this picture and would really like some guidance on different ways to take this photo. The main thing I don't like is the big green tree on the right side. I think it's sort of distracting. But I want to keep the whole idea of 'this is bright gorgeous place where all this sadish music's coming from'.
I'm restricted on ways I can reshoot this pic, in that there is a huge really busy road literally right behind me in this shot. And on the left is a big Pottery Shop and just next to the green plants is another concrete shop.
But if you've got any ideas on different angles and ideas I could try, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, any other comments you think will help me are welcome. :hug::

050803-Brisbane-016-Rehersa.jpg

Thanks! :hug::

Nicely done. I like the colors

Yes!!! I would say you have a strong shot here. In this frame I would crop closer on the left. Leaving those background buildings out completely. Personally I love the tree. It adds a Dr Seuss feel to the beautiful building. The wood porch grounds the photo to reality which may or may not be good.

The photo seems like a great building shot. If you need it to reflect rehearsal space I would throw in some instruments and or band members. If you were to reshoot; I would go low and close with a wide angle lens. This will give a surreal look to a surreal place. Whatever you decide on I say include that tree.

craig said:
Yes!!! I would say you have a strong shot here. In this frame I would crop closer on the left. Leaving those background buildings out completely. Personally I love the tree. It adds a Dr Seuss feel to the beautiful building. The wood porch grounds the photo to reality which may or may not be good.

The photo seems like a great building shot. If you need it to reflect rehearsal space I would throw in some instruments and or band members. If you were to reshoot; I would go low and close with a wide angle lens. This will give a surreal look to a surreal place. Whatever you decide on I say include that tree.

i agree...well put craig!

Thanks guys. And Craig I tried your suggestion on cropping closer in on the left. And I really like it. It gives it more of a cosy feel and matches the cosiness of the tree on the right.

I will definately try your low shot idea... that's great. And I'll also try a bunch of angles.
Thanks again guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back