What's new

BANG! An exercise in fun with sound triggers....

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
3,241
Reaction score
911
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C if you wish... if you don't just enjoy!

Set up a sound trigger to a couple of pocket wizards and a Nikon SB-28 Had a decent amount of fun in the process!

7719527562_43ecab49fe_z.jpg


7719525340_41488c85dd_z.jpg


7719522714_df26c66fb8_z.jpg
 
Not sure I like the angles, but love the overall effect! Some of the best muzzle light shots I've seen in a very long while.
 
Great shots! I love the symmetry in the smoke on the second one and the ring of fire on the third.
 
Not sure I like the angles, but love the overall effect! Some of the best muzzle light shots I've seen in a very long while.

Thanks for the kind words! As far as the angle, I don't disagree with you. It's tough finding a place that will let you shoot in the dark, and high speed kind of requires that. This place was a pole barn with a floor mounted bullet trap, so the angle is the natural angle of the shot. I toyed with the idea of cropping the pics vertical, but I lost too much of the image, and it gave it an unnatural look with the angle of the hands.
 
Great shots. I agree with the angle. Maybe mounting the camera lower, and shoot portrait aiming the gun (probably have to hunch over) straight down. Then rotate the image giving the illusion that you're firing straight across.
 
Wow! Very cool! I would say the triggers work well. I'd love to see more from varying angles.
 
I'd love to see more from varying angles.

So would I! :D

I'm working on getting a different location where I'm not so limited on space. Not only was it a floor mounted bullet trap, I had about 25 ft/sq to work with. it was pretty tight quarters.

You have to go pretty far out in the country here to shoot outside at night though... but that certianly won't stop me. Today was more of a proof of concept than anything, but it turned out really well in spite of the circumstances. Once I find a more suitable location I will definately get some different, more creative angles.

Oh.... here is one that I overlooked in the folder... not sure how I missed this one, it's pretty danged neat.

7721622918_40313f259e_z.jpg
 
Last edited:
Here's a quick "I can't sleep so I might as well fart around in Photoshop" edit.

7723204400_4c7451d9c4_z.jpg
 
Last edited:
I usually yawn at photos of guns, but that first image is perfect! The muzzle flash and the glow from the barrel are stunning!

I need to get me some sound triggers and, er, I don't know... do some...clapping. Or something.
 
Look at this way, you will love the angle-the villain has been shoved down; now he has to run the bullet ...... ;) ...it is splendid


I did not like the new one actually; is he very 'nervous' ? ;)


Corrected : I meant 'now' and 'not'
 
Last edited:
Look at this way, you will love the angle-the villain has been shoved down; not he has to run the bullet ...... ;) ...it is splendid

I wasn't really looking to portray a feel of violence..... just cool muzzle flashes. I can see how it could be interpreted as that though.

Thanks for the kind words!
 
Cool shots and the effects are great. What was the shutter speed?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom