Bangkok Motor Show 2020

Great set and love seeing you use the 56mm. Did you regret using that lens? What flash do you have?

The 56 was ideal - as the backgrounds tended to be distracting and higher shutter speeds were also useful. Just having one lens also made me practice with it properly.

I just used the little Fuji flash for some fill. A bigger flash may have been better, but I travelled by motorcycle, so size/weight was a factor.

Great set and love seeing you use the 56mm. Did you regret using that lens? What flash do you have?

The 56 was ideal - as the backgrounds tended to be distracting and higher shutter speeds were also useful. Just having one lens also made me practice with it properly.

I just used the little Fuji flash for some fill. A bigger flash may have been better, but I travelled by motorcycle, so size/weight was a factor.

I'm thinking about getting a flash for the X-T4. Haven't decided yet if I want one to use with my umbrella off camera or a small one for the hotshoe for fill.

I'm thinking about getting a flash for the X-T4. Haven't decided yet if I want one to use with my umbrella off camera or a small one for the hotshoe for fill.

I was using the tiny EF-X8 hotshoe flash, but it lacks power for anything except close range fill - but it's so amazingly small and doesn't need batteries, so it lives in my camera bag.

I also have a larger Nissin flash with Yongnuo triggers, but it's quite old and most people now seem to use Godox with Fuji.

But I also spotted a Fuji EF-20 flash in a 'bargain bin' in a camera shop last year, and it turned out to be a very handy hotshoe flash. Compact and light, but more power than the tiny EF-X8, with an effective little folding diffuser, and best of all - a simple power adjustment button which is perfect for balancing fill. I meant to take it with me to the motorshow, but left it in the 'other bag', but luckily had the X8 with me.

Nice mix of work--models posing, candids, hot vehicles, interesting compositions. Well done.

Thank you .... events like tbese have so many photo opportunities

Nice mix of work--models posing, candids, hot vehicles, interesting compositions. Well done.

Agreed. But you have to SEE them to take advantage of them...and you did a great job at this.

This exchange reminds me of my favorite photography quote by the great Dorothea Lange: "A camera is a device that teaches people how to see without a camera." You SAW those opportunities and then composed the shots. It would have been very easy for someone to go there thinking "I'm going to take pix of hot cars" or "time to shoot glamorous models" and they'd miss everything that didn't fit in to their category.

Well done.

Agreed. But you have to SEE them to take advantage of them...and you did a great job at this.

This exchange reminds me of my favorite photography quote by the great Dorothea Lange: "A camera is a device that teaches people how to see without a camera." You SAW those opportunities and then composed the shots. It would have been very easy for someone to go there thinking "I'm going to take pix of hot cars" or "time to shoot glamorous models" and they'd miss everything that didn't fit in to their category.

Well done.

Thank you so much for saying that - I think it's the same for all of us enthusiasts on this forum - we like to look for the angle and the light.

Waiting for customers - Toyota Sales Team

2020_0826_16524500 (3).jpg

Most reactions

Back