Banking problem part 2

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well after I talked with the bank and straightened out my Savings account. Last night I needed enough cash to last until my flight tonight. Was going out for a decent dinner with a local friend. Anyway stopped at a large national bank that I trust over here. Put my card in, entered my code, and chose the withdrawl amount. Next screen that came up was we have retained your card please see your banking branch for more information. :gah:

Luckily I carry a second card from a different bank as a back up. And used it for the money I needed. When I got back from dinner again had to contact my bank back in the US and have the card cancelled and a new one to be sent to my house. If I wasn't leaving I would go to that branch and retrieve it. But not worth the hassle.

I have been traveling around the world for 10 years now for work. Never an issue on the road. And have had 2 issues in 2 days now. :er: Definately time to go home!!!

Well, I'm glad this is your 1st time having problems but I know I wished a few time I was more like an old Vietnamese friend of mine who just carried a few thousands cash in a paperbag with her :lmao:

Different bank and credit cards of mine were frozen when I showed up in some other country... The only thing that kept me from getting really pissed is the fact that I was within distance of an affordable phone.

Most reactions

Back