What's new

Bar Harbor Landscape Crop version *Revisited* Opinions needed

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so for those who were looking/helping on my other thread. It seems locally some folks liked my cropped version. Not so much that one was better than the other, but it made 2 separate images really.

So I went back to the raw file and re did it, using same crop size.

This time I used the profile correction, and to my surprise, it actually got rid of all of the CA. So that was really cool.

I have 4 different versions I need opinions on from those of you who have calibrated monitors. My craptop sucks so my stuff is generally dark. The first is what I thought was good, knowing my chit is darker generally, I adjusted. I saved each adjustment rather than do 2 or 3 at once.

So if you can tell me if it is too dark, too bright, etc, that would help me assess my output until I can get a better monitor.

The last edit you may not even notice unless you're a pixel peeper as I used imagenomic to reduce noise and unless you zoom way in, I don't think it's even noticeable.

but anyway, please take a look and tell me which is best in terms of not being too dark and that you think will print the best.

Thanks.


*rather than clog this post, I'll put each image in a separate post.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #2
1

$_DSC0082.webp
 
Last edited:
The first two seems dark to me.My choice is 4th since you have reduced noise from the picture.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
On the 3rd and 4th, as they are the same in the brightness category, do the clouds look a bit blown out to you?

On mine they do, so normally I turn it down a bit...then it looks fine, all over...until I share or print, lol.

So no issues with clouds then?
 
The difference in 1 and 2 is only a slight levels adjust, very slight to bring up rocks and tree line a bit without blowing out clouds.
 
Number 2 takes it. The rock is still a little dark, but you can easily see the detail.
 
lol @ pink. I don't care for it as much personally either, I think a little of it is better, however, I have had many folks comment that love the rocks down there. Since I'll be printing for them...rock stays on this one.

the one on my wall doesn't have the rock. ;-)
 
So if number two is the winner in terms of bright vs dark, should I apply the noise filter to it or can you not really tell without pixel peepin'? I just don't really wanna waste large prints tomorrow when deciding if I like it or not, lol.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom