Barn and Rail shots

ShadowOnyx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fairly new here, just looking for some critique on some shots I took last week. I'm not too fond of all of them, but I'll let you guys be the judge. Let me know what I can do to improve them!:lmao:

Most of these were shot with a Canon Rebel XTi and a Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS

_MG_8724.jpg

_MG_8730.jpg

_MG_8734.jpg

_MG_8747.jpg

_MG_8760.jpg

_MG_8785-Edit.jpg

_MG_8794.jpg

_MG_8816.jpg

_MG_8821.jpg

_MG_8822.jpg

_MG_8836-Edit.jpg

I think the wall images would have been better if shot without an angular view; the receding and tapering form we achieve when we shoot from one side will give enough impact; i dont mean this is not good

In the low angle shots of the rail roads, the critical focus is not falling on any point of interest; in such cases it will be better to show high depth of field; only when something of interest has to be shown in stark contrast with background, low DOF does good, as your "derail" shot. The last one is excellent

All The Best

Overall I like them but 6 & 11 have some nasty halos. Maybe need a bit of tone-mapping to eliminate some of that.

Personally, I think the glow in your HDRs are too strong. Something like #3 is enough. Try tone-mapping it again and see how it goes. I think my favourite is #8.

Good start, but again, angles are just way overboard. The HDR attempts as mentioned are not working, try again with just some tonal contrast, see what happens?
I REALLY like #9.....great perspective, no gimmcky angles, and DOF works well.
Maybe crop out the power pole on the left side, just to its side, keeping the rails intact.

eight and ten are my favorite. Great job on those!

Thanks for all the advice!

On 6 and 11, my HDR shots, I wanted something very dramatic, but as you all pointed out, the halos were a little over the top. I'll just have to spend more time working with sliders and figuring out how to get a decent look. If you have any tips on that let me know, I am using Photoshop HDR.

Thanks again

Most reactions

Back