Barn owls

dirtnapper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
marbleorchards.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These guys are at the new Raptor center in Queeche, VT. It opened on 6/12 while we were up there, so we stopped in..
The birds here are brought in with injuries and get rehab...bald eagles, hawks. etc.. They released a red tail at the opening.. Some of these birds' injuries will keep them here...
The snowy owl lost an eye...a farmer tried to shoot him!

Barn.jpg

Snowy.jpg

Nice shot. These things have always looked like they are wearing some type of helmet to me.

Weird, I know... [shrug]

The top shot wins because you get a better view of the faces. The second shot is a bit distracting for me, only getting that one eye.

Beautiful birds, though - wow! I think owls are fascinating creatures. :) We used to pull apart "owl pellets" when we were kids and look for the skulls of the swallowed critters. :sillysmi: That was fun.

I am also a fan of the second shot although I am not entirely sure why, I just like the way it looks. Too bad though that some of the face is a little blown out, a spot reading of the face/head probably would have avoided it.

Nice shots! Would like to see some more.

photobug said:
Nice shot. These things have always looked like they are wearing some type of helmet to me.

Weird, I know... [shrug]

I've always thought that too. Yup. They're definitley wearing Magneto helmets. Ok my geeky self will shut up now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back