Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C is always welcome.

Camera: Canon EOS 50D
Exposure: 0.01 sec (1/100)
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO Speed: 400

Actually, I didn't know for sure, so I checked the EXIF...

Date and Time (Modified): 2010:06:14 13:47:59

so, quarter to three!

A little overexposed, but the real distraction is those hazy spots. Dirt on the lens ?

the haze is most likely branches. I don't think it's dirt on the lens.

it's overexposed??? jeez I am awful at exposure. the spots you are referring to are out of focus twigs in front of the bird. I had to shoot through some serious branches.

it's overexposed???

No, it's not.... at least on my monitor.

I had to shoot through some serious branches.

If this is a wild owl, consider yourself lucky to have gotten this shot. :thumbup:

These guys are pretty difficult just to find around here, let alone get close to, and they don't exactly pose out in the open for you. I have found a few, but most of the time they take off before I can close enough.

Canon EOS 50D is perfect to capture a picture from far distance which I can see in this picture.Because I can use my mind this one is not taken by nearer distance of the owl on the branch of the tree.You have to perform this task from the far distance from the great zooming and that's why I like the camera's performance here.I also like clarity of the picture.

I think you did great shooting this guy through the branches! With him staring you down like that, it's a cute shot. (I think I'd be so thrilled to see an owl in the wild close enough to shoot that my hands would be shaking too much with excitement).

Someone told me that we work with what we have and although on second glance it might be a shade on the overexposed side I still say this is a great capture. Owls are notoriously shy here and the fact that you got this is still stellar. :sexywink:

I pushed the exposure up a little in post. I can just pull it back down some.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys, I get all excited when I see stuff too. Normally, I can take 1 or 2 shots and know that they're going to come out, but I forget stuff when I get excited, so I know to spray and pray lol.

Most reactions

Back