Barred Owl

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not as cool as Msnowy's Snowy Owl, but my best owl shots so far... Finally had some light and a clear view... Click through to flickr if you want a better view..

1 - My favorite

Barred Owl-1 by krisinct, on Flickr

2 - You looking at me?

Barred Owl-3 by krisinct, on Flickr

3 - A classic view.. The tail is slightly clipped and the branches in the background are a little annoying :(

Barred Owl-4 by krisinct, on Flickr

Love the first. I am extremely jealous! Congrats!

I have only seen 1 owl in my entire life. I don't understand how you find all these amazing birds?

p.s. ever gotten a shot of a great horned owl or great gray?

Wow. Love the first 2.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk witg erroes

I love number 2! The "WTF are you looking at?" stare. I too am jealous of all the owl pictures. I live in Phoenix, AZ and the only owls we see are the fake ones people put in their yards to try to scare pigeons away. And those aren't photogenic.

I really like #1 and #2. I just wish the background wasn't so blown out on #2. I love the details in all of the shots though.

CC, great shots. I really like the first one. If you know about Content Aware functionality in PS, you can clean up the the branches in the background of #3.

WesternGuy

Beautiful shots, as usual. The first one really show off the bird's talons. I would hate to have it annoyed with me ;)

Very well done.

Thank you everyone. The second shot was tough not to blow the highlights. I was basically looking straight up at the Owl. I shoot handheld and that one is at 1/80th. I had to lift a lot of shadows in post as it is. I tried spot but my shutter dropped even more. I didn't have time to adjust EC before he flew to the next spot.
@WG, I don't have photoshop, I'm lucky if I can clone a small twig. I have PSP X4 and it has an object remover, but I have never tried it..

Here is one more I didn't have time for this morning...

barred owl 5 by krisinct, on Flickr

Beautiful birds, and a fine job getting them.

Really nice shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back