Basket

&Denekamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This struck me because of the old basket against a plane gray sky, I liked the simple composition.. unfortunetly I'd didn't had anyone on had to thow a ball throug the ring.. that might have added to the show. maybe I'll try that some day :) But for the time beeing, tell me what think about it the way it is now. does it needs a basketball in the picture? or does it feel complete this way?

Basketball.jpg

Niels

At first I thought, hang on, there is no photo loading.
Then I scrolled and, hey, there IS a photo!

Well, you wonder if something might be missing...
The basket?

The composition is great, but as you say: a ball that comes flying (need not be inside the "basket" (i.e. the ring), maybe out of the top right corner, could add some and take away of the huge amount of negative space. There's still be a lot of negative space, with is ok. But try to reshoot and bring a friend for the reshoot who will throw the ball for you, hm?

Good angle, and it's nice and stark like this. It would be interesting to see a couple with a ball in the frame all right.

I really like how you put space above it instead of below it, gives it a unique perspective.

Thanks all :)

So now all I need to do is find someone capable of throwing a ball through a ring, and willing enough to do that like 200 times..:er: this idea is really gonna cost me some film..:p

as you said la photo, the ball does not need to be in the ring.. I was thinking about when it just hits the board or so, but I a corner, or at some distance form the basket will be nice as well. I'll just try both :)

Most reactions

Back