KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Camera Raw has a Synchronize (batch) function.

Opening multiple images in Camera Raw allows batch processing.
In Bridge, hold down the Shift key and click on the first and last image in a group to open them all in Camera Raw.
Or hold down the the Ctrl key to select images individually to make a group of images that you want to open in Camera Raw.

The group of images will all be on the left side of the Camera Raw page. You can Select All, or you can again use the Ctrl key to non-continuously select images from the group.
I chose Select All here, but you can select individual images in the group too.

Synchronizing Camera Raw settings | Working with Camera Raw in Adobe Photoshop CS5 | Peachpit

CameraRawSyncCrop_zps20996b35.jpg

As an added bonus, Camera Raw can be hosted by Bridge or by Photoshop. You can be batch processing images in Camera Raw hosted by Bridge, while doing other edits in Photoshop, or you can be working in Bridge while hosting Camera Raw from Photoshop.

HostByBrdg.jpg
HostByCS5.jpg

Last edited:
Question is.

Did you just learn this? :D

To batch what process? Apply a set of edits to a list of files? Convert to JPEG?

This is the first of my processes, I open all my images in this batch process, sometimes adjust fill light or white balance or lens corrections, specially with my new tamron 24-70 which has more vignetting than I would like to.

To batch what process? Apply a set of edits to a list of files? Convert to JPEG?

Synchronize is used to apply one set of edits to a group of photos that were all made using the same lighting conditions.

It saves having to apply the same edits photo by photo.

The link I included explained that.

Some people have the wrong impression this can only be done in Lightroom.

Automating image processing

You can create an action to automate the processing of image files with Camera Raw. You can automate the editing process, and the process of
saving the files in formats such as PSD, DNG, JPEG, Large Document Format (PSB), TIFF, and PDF. In Photoshop, you can also use the Batch
command, the Image Processor, or the Create Droplet command to process one or more image files. The Image Processor is especially useful for
saving image files in different file formats during the same processing session.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back