battery brand vs no brand

thatmylens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello all, im new to this site didn't know that there were sites like this out there. but i have a question, since batteries are expensive i found some online that has the same 7.2volt, but the battery capacity is alittle higher, brand capacity is 1650mAh and the no brand is at 1800mAh is that good or bad?

have you other photographers experiences any problems if you did bought no brand and different brand batteries?
or what are your thoughts about this, should i just stick to my camera's brand batteries to be on the safe side.

any info will help.
thanks.

with my old camera, my 2nd battery was generic. It died about 2-3 yrs while brand battery lasted well. With my new camera now, I also bought generic as a second. At the time price difference $20 for generic vs $60 for brand plays a roll. If I need a third, again, it'll be generic. Plus camera battery charger is always in my camera bag and unless I'm outdoors, there are wall chargers I can use.

The extra charge comes with a reduced overall life. I would pick the generic any day over the brand name batteries. The benefit over cost is just not there on the brand name batteries.

There is also a very good chance that the battery itself is actually made from the very same factory anyway. There are very few Lithium battery manufacturers around the world.

Here in canada, d90 batteries retail for 80 $ + taxe.
i found some EN-EL3E on battery canada
13 bucks each. pretty good deal imo and i bet they will last as long as the original batteries.

I've been using batteries from Digital Camera Batteries Chargers Memory Cards Readers for many years now. They were dirt cheap compared to the Canon batteries and they last longer too.

What you want to avoid are counterfeit batteries. They might be hard to spot, but they are likely to be the ones that actually have the brand name (Canon/Nikon etc) but are super cheap.

I have generic backup batteries for both my DSLR and P+S. I've been happy with the performance of each. $4-8 each beats the negligible difference in performance and large price increase.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back