Battery Grip for Canon 50D

scorpion_tyr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
lawrenceburnsphotography.yolasite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been looking all over the net for a Digipower rechargeable battery grip for a Canon 50D, but I can't find one at all.

I'm guessing they don't make one :grumpy: but if anyone knows better please tell me where I can get one!

Thanks!

Looks interesting, but why not just go with a standard grip, one that works with one or two batteries (or 6 AA)?

I use a Flashpoint grip from Adorama: ICABGE2AP Flashpoint Professional Battery Grip with Vertical Firing Release for Canon Digital 20D 30D 40D 50D SLR cameras

As I said on the review I posted:

"Was looking for a grip and saw the Canon brand grip was very pricy. This boasts all the same features: AE Lock, AF select, and selection wheel along with the shutter button on the side; for a fraction of the cost. There doesn't seem to be any sacrifice in build quality, and even the rubber used for the side grip feels just as good, if not a bit softer than the rubber on my 50D.

Holds two 50D batteries or 6 AA batteries. Haven't used the AAs at all, but two regular batteries gives a significantly extended life span for shooting.

Grip is comfortable to hold in both regular and verticle shooting. Has tripod mount underneath, and on/off switch for the side buttons. "

I got mine from Link Delight (forum sponsor). Works great and was a lot cheaper than the Canon model.

I'm looking for a rechargeable because the one on my XT seems to last 3-5 months without recharging. I might be wrong, but I didn't think the grips that helpd the 2 batteries or 6 AA's would last that long even without turning it on.

Most reactions

Back