Battery Grips For Canon 5d Mark IV

Luke345678

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there!

Recently picked up a 5d Mark IV and I love it. I've grown used to my 1dx and it's built in battery grip. Using a camera without one really throws me off and I don't like it.

I find the $350 price tag for Canon's battery grip to be a tad ridiculous and I was wondering about other options out there?

I know Pixel Vertax has one but from what I hear it's pretty flimsy and while I don't expect canon quality, I really can't stand plastic grips.

Thanks,

Luke

I have a Neewer on my 7Dmk2 and it's a solid grip. The plastic doesn't feel cheap and the over moulded rubber is very nice. On the T5I is a Vivitar grip. Again the plastic feels solid and the rubber is pretty darn good. The only thing with the Vivitar is the plastic is very smooth and almost shiny.

I paid 270 for my Eos 80D grip and I couldn't be happier. Yes, there are "quality" third party grips but i think that canon is the way to go. Maybe promaster has one?

I have the genuine Canon grip for my 5D IV. Currently the pickings are a bit slim for 3rd party choices. Vello and Neewer normally make grips for most cameras bodies... and both literally make a grip for every Canon 5D model that has ever existed EXCEPT the 5D IV (probably still in the works.) So "today" the only grip I'm aware of is the genuine Canon grip.

But on the topic of 3rd party grips. I have occasionally come across a thread where the camera is behaving strangely and the issue is traced to the use of a 3rd party grip (camera works perfectly when grip is removed). Obviously lots of 3rd party grips work just fine. But be mindful of this possibility.

Vello now has one at B&H.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back