battery question...

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Has anyone out there used a regular canon battery and an after market one together in a battery grip?
any problems?
did it fry your camrea?

I've been wondering the same thing!

Yes, I just replied to an 8 year old thread with no replies.

-ken Turner

Errr been doing this for years with Nikon gear. If Canon isn't up to the task they should throw their engineers into the river.

I've been wondering the same thing!

Yes, I just replied to an 8 year old thread with no replies.

-ken Turner

Yes, I have used a mixture of Canon and 3rd part batteries in a grip for years and have had zero issues. I no longer even pay any attention to whether a battery is OEM or 3rd party when I put them in, because it makes no difference.
On a side not, there are many that will tell you that 3rd party batteries are junk, wont hold a charge etc. I, however, have used Opteka batteries for several years. I have had none fail and they hold a charge just as long as my Canon batteries, for 25% the cost.

Thanks guys! Have any of you gotten a battery grip or anything else from Link Delight?

-ken Turner

Thanks guys! Have any of you gotten a battery grip or anything else from Link Delight?

-ken Turner
I haven't had one from Link Delight, but I have had several from Opteka. I liked all of them and had zero issues. In fact, you can usually buy an Opteka grip with batteries in a kit and save even more money.
I see you have a T3i. Here is an Opteka Grip with Batteries for $49.95

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
HughGuessWho said:
I haven't had one from Link Delight, but I have had several from Opteka. I liked all of them and had zero issues. In fact, you can usually buy an Opteka grip with batteries in a kit and save even more money.
I see you have a T3i. Here is an Opteka Grip with Batteries for $49.95

As much as I want to do that, like delight is the only way I can get a grip for that price in Canada.

Edit: turns out I can get it, so I'll order that now. I guess I should get another charger too, though.

-ken Turner

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have several Opteka batteries that I mix and match with Canon batteries. No problems at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back