Battous Newbies

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Again...I am impatient...these are sloppy as all get out but....

100_3347.jpg

100_3350.jpg

100_3371.jpg

100_3355.jpg

100_3356.jpg

100_3358.jpg

100_3360.jpg

100_3363.jpg

100_3362.jpg

If it's a fake let me know now, because I will admit plenty of ignorance when it comes to Leicas

So you decided to get a III, eh? That's not a IIIc--what're the numbers around the outside of the shutter speed dial?

Sweet! When are you going to take them for a test drive?

I am almost half way threw a roll in the pentax alredy.

The Leica however, I have to figure out how to load it first :blushing:

Hehehe:)

Yea that might help a little. Well I'm sure Google has something to say about it.

If it's a fake let me know now, because I will admit plenty of ignorance when it comes to Leicas

First of all, I am by no means a Leica expert. The serial number and your pictures suggest it is a IIIf Black Dial. Apart from the 'thing' added on the winding knob, it looks the same as the pictures I found on a book about Leica. Even if it isn't the real thing, it looks like a well executed copy.

Sweet finds! I have a sweet spot for the Pentax, as I think my Spotmatic is one cool camera. Asahi glass is fantastic as well!

Thanks, I had actually looked at the pentax before but turned it down for a couple reasons. Earlier this week I mistakenly bought a lens for it and figured I may as well. It's been sitting there for atleast a year, May as well free up some space in the booth, since I have additional glass for it.

First of all, I am by no means a Leica expert. The serial number and your pictures suggest it is a IIIf Black Dial. Apart from the 'thing' added on the winding knob, it looks the same as the pictures I found on a book about Leica. Even if it isn't the real thing, it looks like a well executed copy.

I was wondering about that, of all the pictures I have looked at I have not seen the hooked winding nob.

I kinda like it though, makes for a nice quick and smooth wind.

I was think the numbers around the lens looked like focusing numbers perhaps inches to the left and yards to the right, where it jumps from 25 to 2 or 3.

I'm not sure what you are seeing, but at the base on the lens there is focusing marks similar to those found on my Signet 40.

Most reactions

Back