Be Honest, do you cruise this site at work

If you click on post after post during breaks and lunches... That way they load while you are on your own time... Hmmm, ok guilty as charged. Machine support can be much of the same as IT support, of course our IT support is on another continent. If all is going well you have less to do but when it rains it pours. But they shuffle us around to help keep us busy.

Well I work at a computer store after school so when I have some time and the boss is not looking it's TPF lol. At school whenever I'm near a computer with internet access I'm on TPF. On my weekend job I'm a waiter so I don't see a computer at all...even though sometimes I'm trying to catch a WiFi signal on my phone :p

Yep, I do. I'm The Boss, and if there's nothing else to do everyone at work can surf, I have no problem with it.

I used to, but my work recently added a blocker to the internet. So now it's only official Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep websites for me.:(

I'm a stay home mom so I basically check my computer between loads of laundry...basically all day long. I go from this forum to Facebook and back again...pretty exciting life huh?
Ha ha, now that's a funny one because my wife (also stay home mom) tells me, "I'm going downstairs to do some "laundry"..." as she does the quote with her fingers and a smirk.

My job is sitting in front of a computer watching the control screen of the equipment. I have an hour to an hour and a half cycle time on the equipment. I surf. After all, what do they want me to do, kick my feet up on the desk and read novels and magazines like everyone else does?

I'm in a unique postition at work. My boss is roughly 400 miles away and I'm the only one from my company at this site(we handle network, and machine automation). Anyway I have an un monitored line that I pay for directly to the phone company out of my budget every month, so I can surf whatever whenever. I spend a lot of my time on here and working on my blog and website.

Yeah I look at this site at work - as another poster said it's either feast or famine in IT, so I've often got a bit of time to surf. It also helps when you're in charge of the IT systems - for me everything is available - not so for the other people who work at my firm.

I think I've done about 100% of my posting from work. My work doesn't require me to do much. I'm more in a position that should the **** hit the proverbial fan they need someone who can get things fixed quickly.

I think I've done about 100% of my posting from work. My work doesn't require me to do much. I'm more in a position that should the **** hit the proverbial fan they need someone who can get things fixed quickly.

sounds a lot like me. As long as everything is running correctly, I have nothing to do... But when the server goes down or something like that... I have to be super man

Most reactions

Back