What's new

Has something within the site changed?

DanOstergren34 4

"We're all mad here" ... At me?
Joined
Jun 2, 2013
Messages
5,305
Reaction score
5,203
Location
Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As of a few weeks ago, the site seems to require a lot more computing power from my computer than it used to. Now when I visit TPF, my computer's fan starts to go into overdrive like crazy, and this never used to be an issue. I'm wondering if something might have been changed in the way the site functions? I'm not sure how these things work, I just know that this is a new issue, and I don't seem to have this issue on other websites or forums.
 
That's odd Dan, i checked my usage when i enter the site and its negligible. I even opened up 20 sessions as a test and even then it barely registered
 
Not that I'm aware of. My own experience matches @KJ_North 's. That's using either Firefox or Chrome; nothing seems different.

Anyone else experiencing what Dan is describing?
 
Most of my browsing here is on an old iPad, so no issues I can see.
 
No Issues seen with the antique laptop I'm using either (Windows 7 with an old version of Chrome)
 
No problems here. Although I do sometimes experience a lag time when logging on initially, I am not experiencing any issues at this time.
 
Hmmm, I guess it's just me then. The site doesn't lag or anything like that, just my fan goes into overdrive after a minute or two of browsing this site. I'm using Chrome on an iMac from late 2015. Once I navigate away from this site, the fan goes back to normal.
 
Hmmm, I guess it's just me then. The site doesn't lag or anything like that, just my fan goes into overdrive after a minute or two of browsing this site. I'm using Chrome on an iMac from late 2015. Once I navigate away from this site, the fan goes back to normal.
Maybe run malwarebytes or cclean to see if computer is working too hard?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom