What's new

Beach Pictures

Kanthaka

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
105
Reaction score
8
I finally got more pictures and this time, I'll post them two at a time:


1) $IMG_0260.webp

2) $IMG_0272.webp

Pretty simple and straightforward pictures, I guess. But it was my first time photographing a sunset (even though everyone probably has a shot like this already) and first time photographing a horseshoe crab. I tried getting close to it and down to its level (actually, I wanted to be even lower) just to make it look bigger and more intimidating kind of but I'm not sure if that was the right approach. All I know is this thing was antsy and almost hit me in the face with its tail when it turned away from me.
 
I like #1

practise more with the subject in #2
 
1 - basic, simple sunrise shot. I might have closed up the aperture a bit and decreased shutter speed (on a tripod, of course).
2 - from what you wrote, I think I get what you were going for. To achieve that, I'd have used a medium-large aperture on a wide angle lens. To get the right composition, laid down with the crab right in front of my face/camera.
 
1 - basic, simple sunrise shot. I might have closed up the aperture a bit and decreased shutter speed (on a tripod, of course).
2 - from what you wrote, I think I get what you were going for. To achieve that, I'd have used a medium-large aperture on a wide angle lens. To get the right composition, laid down with the crab right in front of my face/camera.


1) I'll keep that in mind for next time. But I didn't really know what else to do with this shot, other than the colors its a little plain to me. If I panned this to the right, I would've also been able to include a nearby ship with the photo. I was wondering if having more than one focus point would have ruined it or made it better. Keep in mind, though, that if I did capture the ship, the sun would've been right at the edge of the frame. So would it have been a good idea or is this photo ok as is?

2) Wide angle lens... I keep hearing a lot about those. I guess I gotta get me one when I go out to buy a dSLR. Thanks for the CnC!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom