aMG82Md.jpg

JyDndpf.jpg

8vu5MwH.jpg

JC8Ge3P.jpg

fnEdotY.jpg

kLCqMo7.jpg

Feedback please :icon_thumleft:

Nice! #1 and #5 stand out for me.

1. Looks a bit too contrasty, see how you are loosing detail in the shadows black rocks. The clouds look odd to me too, a bit too dark in the darks but the highlights look good. Composition is quite nice.

2. Looks a bit pushed to my eyes, the clouds look a bit too black though the blues look good as do the highlights. I'd quite like to see this cropped to a 2x1, I think that would work quite nicely.

3. Nice! I really like this style of shot, foreground rocks leading out to the sea facinate me. Would have been better if you could have shot from a little higher up though to seperate the rock formation out and show a bit of water between them. I can't quite make out if you have achived infinity focus on this though, it kinda looks to me like your DOF is a little short to keep the distant waves in focus but it may be a resolution thing.

4. Foreground rocks are out of focus, probably too close for your DOF. I'd crop them out. Again a bit of height here would have been nice to see a little more of the sea sepatrating the rocks in the distance. Nice shot though, solid composition and nice colours. A wee tip for the future though, if you are going to put big rocks in the foreground try to show all of them, your first rock here is cut off and it can look a bit careless (though it's not always possible) compositionally.

5. Again a pretty nice shot. Watch the highlights, they are a little blown here though I think you get away with it in this image. Personally I'd tone down the purple in the flowers a little and raise the foreground shadows a touch. There's a little green flare on the rocks LHS that I'd see if I could edit out and this one looks to have a bit of noise in the sky.

6. Not nearly as good as your other shots, and is one for the editing room floor IMO. Compositionally there's nothing in it.

Strong set on the whole though and I like your shots. Looks like a very nice area to explore!

1. Looks a bit too contrasty, see how you are loosing detail in the shadows black rocks. The clouds look odd to me too, a bit too dark in the darks but the highlights look good. Composition is quite nice.

2. Looks a bit pushed to my eyes, the clouds look a bit too black though the blues look good as do the highlights. I'd quite like to see this cropped to a 2x1, I think that would work quite nicely.

3. Nice! I really like this style of shot, foreground rocks leading out to the sea facinate me. Would have been better if you could have shot from a little higher up though to seperate the rock formation out and show a bit of water between them. I can't quite make out if you have achived infinity focus on this though, it kinda looks to me like your DOF is a little short to keep the distant waves in focus but it may be a resolution thing.

4. Foreground rocks are out of focus, probably too close for your DOF. I'd crop them out. Again a bit of height here would have been nice to see a little more of the sea sepatrating the rocks in the distance. Nice shot though, solid composition and nice colours. A wee tip for the future though, if you are going to put big rocks in the foreground try to show all of them, your first rock here is cut off and it can look a bit careless (though it's not always possible) compositionally.

5. Again a pretty nice shot. Watch the highlights, they are a little blown here though I think you get away with it in this image. Personally I'd tone down the purple in the flowers a little and raise the foreground shadows a touch. There's a little green flare on the rocks LHS that I'd see if I could edit out and this one looks to have a bit of noise in the sky.

6. Not nearly as good as your other shots, and is one for the editing room floor IMO. Compositionally there's nothing in it.

Strong set on the whole though and I like your shots. Looks like a very nice area to explore!

Thank you for all the details!! Your comment really helped me a lot! :encouragement::encouragement:

I like 3 and 6
they look like scenes I have built in 3ds max. :)

#4 is the only image that holds both the shadows and highlights in check. The rest have either blown badly highlights or clogged shadows. The only issue with #4 is that it lacks a specific focal point.

Opened the shadows significantly but the darkest darks were almost completely closed up leaving little to work with which made getting a decent tonal balance even harder. This is a split screen composite.

surfrdude2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back