18-55 ed lens with nikon polarizer
ISO 200

1)31mm f5.0 1/320sec
DSC_0851.jpg

2)19mm f9.0 1/200sec
DSC_0845.jpg

3)31mm f16.0 1/50sec
DSC_0842.jpg

Your sensor looks really dirty. Otherwise, I'm not getting much from these images.

#1: Lighthouse budget cuts? Badly tilted horizon, dull sky.

#2: Weakly applied DOF. Distracting treeline and structures. Dull sky. I like the overgrown vegetation and sense of loneliness.

#3: Somewhat interesting patterns, shadows. Lacks sharpness where I want sharpness. Low contrast. Dull sky. Major sensor debris - ya, those aren't seagulls!

Tilted horizons are generally distracting, yes. Trying to get the post vertical was an error, in that sense. Also, having the light at the horizon line draws attention to the horizon, and feels a little weird besides.

I quite like number 2. I'd like to see the shadows opened up a little, and maybe try some slightly different angles. Decide where the visual center is (I think it's where all the lines lead the eye) and move that around in the frame a bit to see what works and what does not. I think there are stronger images to be had here, with small changes in point of view.

#3 has a tilted horizon again, and am not really feeling the composition all that much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back