Stars & star-trails in the dusk

Ozzie_Traveller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G'day all

With the motorhome being self-contained with hot 'n cold running everything, when we stop overnight "out in the bush" we get to enjoy many lovely evenings

1)- the test shot for focus - about 20 minutes after sundown

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 30s x F5,6; ISO-400; Lens at 1x zoom / 24mm FFequiv

2)- the final blend of 360 x 1/2-minute exposures

exif- Panny FZ-2500; 3-hours x F5,6; ISO-400; Lens at 1x zoom / 24mm FFequiv

Notes .... for any of us who might like to do a startrail pic, first download the stacking program "startrails" from www-startrails-de (fix the - before typing)
It is very easy to use and the above 360 image stack took about 10-minutes of time (while I sat and had a cuppa watching it do it all by itself)

As always, feedback welcome
Phil

Beautiful work! Your sky is lovely, bathed in this gorgeous post-sundown light. Very nice job.

Excellent captures, I’ve tried startrails but was still left with some (minut) spaces between the star trails themselves, I guess my camera was setup wrong waiting too long between shots.

Beautiful - love the sky colour.

Well done! There's something mesmerizing and peaceful about the image.

Well shot
Having tried I know it’s not as easy as it looks

Excellent captures, I’ve tried startrails but was still left with some (minute) spaces between the star trails themselves, I guess my camera was setup wrong waiting too long between shots.
G'day mate

Some cameras have a menu option called "NR reduction" which cycles the sensor to 'clean' it between each long exposure. If you have this option in your camera's menu (somewhere) then turn if "OFF"

In practice if shooting 15-second exposures, it cycles the sensor for 15-seconds to 'clean' it before your next 15-second exposure thus leavng dots between the star lines

Phil

Most reactions

New Topics

Back