Beach sunrise C&C please

a1157814a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Maybe the waves are a bit underexposed... but I kinda like it that way. I want to know what you guys think though. Any critique, opinions, comments, etc, are appreciated. thanks!
DSC_0347editresized.jpg

Wow, that is one dramatic sky. No cc from me! I really like it.

Nice shoot. You can make out the white caps in those outer waves pretty good and they look like IMO what they should look like at that time of day.

From a noob....
It looks ever so slightly tilted towards the right a little bit, I like the sky and the clouds. I find that that waves are taking a bit distracting, for next time.. possibly wait for the ways to pass by a little more, or maybe blur it out with a longer exposure?..
but again just a noob.

who cares about the waves, the sky is awesome. I do agree thought too with the longer shhutter speed, blur the waves.

From a noob....
It looks ever so slightly tilted towards the right a little bit, I like the sky and the clouds. I find that that waves are taking a bit distracting, for next time.. possibly wait for the ways to pass by a little more, or maybe blur it out with a longer exposure?..
but again just a noob.

How do I tilt the picture?

I agree it's a great shot. Think of it as being all about the color and texture and don't worry about anything else.

It's true the horizon is slightly tilted. Here's the best way I know to fix that:

In Photoshop, toolbar. Under the eyedropper you'll find the measure tool.

Use this to draw a line along the shoreline (That's the only thing in the picture you can be sure is supposed to be "level.")

Once you have made the line, go to Image>Rotate Canvas>Arbitrary.

It'll show you the degree of adjustment needed. Click OK.

Zip! Pop! You're done.

Oops! I forgot something ...:lol:

After you straighten the horizon you'll need to crop the picture to get rid of the blank spaces in the corners.

I actually might try cropping a little bit off the top- experiment with it a bit. Aside from that (and even ignoring that) I think it's a very cool shot.

Easier way in PhotoShop is Open the photo - Press Ctrl A - Press Ctrl T... and there...you can rotate the pic with your mouse. Just move the mouse pointer to any of the corner and you can rotate.. The only issue is that you have to mentally judge if the horizon is levelled or not as you rotate. If thats hard for you then its best you follow what Sandspur suggested.

Cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back