Bearded Boy

Lighting is way too harsh... shadows too dark!

Lighting is way too harsh... shadows too dark!
Hmm, yeah. I was going for a light on one side and a shadows on the other. Perhaps I should of used 2 light sources so it wouldn't be too light & too dark.

he looks sexier with the beard and has a greater rate of survival in the event of a zombie outbreak.

Just a reflector on subject left would have probably helped immensely!

I'm not sure I understand the intent...

In the first one it's cropped so tightly that it looks almost like a disembodied head.

The lighting is very harsh indeed, kind of like a spotlight.The shadow on the left side of his face (right side of the frame) is encroaching on his nose and it is a bit distracting.

Your thread got moved because............

Several weeks ago the description for the Beginner's forum was changed to:

Photography Beginners' Forum
Brand new to photography, or brushing up on some of the basics? Don’t be shy! Talk to other beginners and ask all your basic photographic questions here. This is NOT an actual gallery, but more of a place to ask questions and get feedback on technical issues. Use the TPF Galleries to show us some of the photos you have taken so far and get some review - so you can learn where there is room for improvement!

The TPF GALLERIES are found in this section of TPF - Photo Galleries- Photos submitted by members for general display or critique.

Use the Photo Galleries
- Photos submitted by members for general display or critique. - section when you do not have a specific question related to photography technical issues.

Most reactions

Back