Beautiful Girl, Beautiful Landscape.

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is an idea I've had for a long time. Taughannock Falls is the tallest single drop waterfall in the Eastern US, and it's very hard to show it's scale in photographs. It's always fun to place a person at the base of it to add scale, and I thought that a woman in a red dress would be an excellent juxtaposition against the frozen cliff face and waterfall. This photo actually only shows about 2/3 of the height because the ice mound at the bottom of the falls is 1/3 of it's height.

Shot with the Fuji X-T3 and 55-200. Handheld at 55mm, iso 160, f/5.6, and 1/200th.

C&C welcome as usual!

50951530676_104e32d18b_k.jpg

Love the scale of this and you’ve got some nice detail in the ice. Would love to see the top of the falls so maybe a large pano? As for the woman in the evening dress, that’s a bit odd IMO but it’s definitely a matter of artist’s choice. The color works.

Love the scale of this and you’ve got some nice detail in the ice. Would love to see the top of the falls so maybe a large pano? As for the woman in the evening dress, that’s a bit odd IMO but it’s definitely a matter of artist’s choice. The color works.

Thanks! I had a few shots where the top of the falls was visible, but I always hate how the sky blows out and looks horrible when you include the top of a waterfall during the day. Had this been shot earlier when it was darker out, I would have absolutely included the top of the falls.

Wow, that's excellent. Great sense of size and scale and I think the placement of the woman in the frame is spot on. The contrast of the 'lady in red against the power of nature is wonderful.

This is an idea I've had for a long time. Taughannock Falls is the tallest single drop waterfall in the Eastern US, and it's very hard to show it's scale in photographs. It's always fun to place a person at the base of it to add scale, and I thought that a woman in a red dress would be an excellent juxtaposition against the frozen cliff face and waterfall. This photo actually only shows about 2/3 of the height because the ice mound at the bottom of the falls is 1/3 of it's height.

Shot with the Fuji X-T3 and 55-200. Handheld at 55mm, iso 160, f/5.6, and 1/200th.

C&C welcome as usual!

50951530676_104e32d18b_k.jpg
Great idea and great image.

I like it a lot, her standing there in that red dress is very bold, it almost steels the show. Just an idea you might want to entertain but it could be risky, depending. If you were standing at the top but to the side of the falls you could may then capture the whole waterfall if you turned your camera 90° without worry of the sky blowing it out, just worries about falling over the edge. :culpability: I don't know if there's a safe spot to do that there, only you would know. Good job with this one.

I like it a lot, her standing there in that red dress is very bold, it almost steels the show. Just an idea you might want to entertain but it could be risky, depending. If you were standing at the top but to the side of the falls you could may then capture the whole waterfall if you turned your camera 90° without worry of the sky blowing it out, just worries about falling over the edge. :culpability: I don't know if there's a safe spot to do that there, only you would know. Good job with this one.

Highly illegal to go near the top of the falls... but I’d probably risk it in the summer. Winter? Ice?

I’m all set :aiwebs_016:

Highly illegal to go near the top of the falls... but I’d probably risk it in the summer. Winter? Ice?

Drone?

Drone?

illegal in state parks... but I plead the 5th.

Drone?

Too bad there's no viewing platform where you could do it safely and legally.

Drone?

Too bad there's no viewing platform where you could do it safely and legally.

There is, but it's closed in the winter unfortunately. Most people disregard that rule too, but I honestly try to follow the rules most of the time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back