Status
Not open for further replies.

AmeliaP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$IMG_0439_logo.jpg$IMG_0503_2logo.jpg$IMG_0540_bw_logo.jpg

So here is my latest Senior Portraits. What do you think? C&C please!!

Last edited:
I like #2, nice composition.

#1 & #3 she seems very blown out. Maybe decrease the highlights

I'm no expert, this is the 1st C&C that I have given

These are nice. I do feel like maybe you have lost too much detail in her face though with how bright they are.. 1 and 3 especially. #2 would be perfect with a lil more warmth added to her for me.

All three look a little bit overexposed to me. You have got some hot spots. Your WB is off on the first 2. Your posing is done well though.

I would agree that #1 and 3 the forehead looks blown out. #1 may just have the face overexposed which may bring back the detail.

#2 is better lite and I really like the composition.

Is she really fair skinned?

Thanks, everyone!
@ronlane, yes, she has very light skin.

You might also need to consider monitor calibration... as these are (as mentioned) very bright. Hopefully the actual shots are not overexposed too much and can be corrected in the RAW files.

So, I adjusted #1. Thoughts?

$IMG_0439_logo.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_0540_bw_logo.jpg
    $IMG_0540_bw_logo.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 102
I agree with pisto1981 about maybe reducing the highlights brightness of the first and third shots. In the second shot, her hands look a bit too bright for my preferred taste, but it is trciky when woking in that type of semi-shaded area...still, I'd like to see the faint shadows a bit darker, and her hands a bit darker too. Just a little bit though. To my eye, these look a bit over-sharpened for the web.

I am not a fan of the off-center placement of the girl in #2 because of how it affects the overall picture, the overall scene. With her placed in the right hand third of the frame, the tree and its sunlight-dappled roots behind her draws a huge amount of visual attention. The bright spot on the ground is actually the brightest object in the entire frame. An alternate approach might have been to move three or four steps to your right, then aim the camera at her, and put her face in the left-third of the frame, and include the chair she was sitting on, and in that way, entirely block out those tree roots in the sunlight patch, but still include the three tree trunks. In that way, you would still have the pretty semi-wooded, park, three trees + creek naturalistic background, but also show her in a sideways seated chair pose, which is usually cute on a girl her age.

Your first and third shots have simple, non-distracting, naturalistic backgrounds, which is good.

I turned down the exposure on #3 (attached above), but it still seems to be bright, leaving out a bit of her face??

I turned down the exposure on #3 (attached above), but it still seems to be bright, leaving out a bit of her face??

did you shoot in RAW? Can you make the files available via dropbox or something?

I checked out your blog. Your photos have some issues. Under / Overexposed, Harsh Lighting, skin tones, some are soft, processing is inconsistent. It does look like you need to calibrate your monitor... that would help a good bit in showing what you should be seeing. But you can improve easily if you hang around and post photos for C&C.

Hopefully you have obtained whatever licenses are needed in your area, and are paying taxes. You also need to do a CODB.. and figure out realistic pricing. Insurance would be a good idea too.

@cgipson1 No, I'd rather not share my photos that way. If you'd like to edit them, you can use the files right here.
And I can edit my pictures and run my photography the way I like. It's really none of your business.

@cgipson1 No, I'd rather not share my photos that way. If you'd like to edit them, you can use the files right here.
And I can edit my pictures and run my photography the way I like. It's really none of your business.

I was trying to help... and the photos on here are so badly overexposed that they can't be edited in a way that would help much.

But don't worry... I won't try and help again! ;)

(and I really hope the IRS is reading this, lol!)

Last edited:

Once you have converted the raw files into jpgs you've lost much of the information needed to edit them back from this overexposure.

Your response to charlie was really rude; he was attempting to help you.
if you don't think these are drastically overexposed, your monitor is way off.

Unless you apologize you don't deserve any more help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back