Bee in a Bush

Sorry Over... just kind of blindsided me. And with the recent Vandal scenario and the like, maybe I am a little oversensitive to this type of thing from someone we don't even know. :)
PM'ed you...

I am new, but not thin skinned. Bring on all the comments as blunt as you like.

This was a shot of a bee, not an accident.

Why wide angle? It was on the camera and I am still figuring out when to use what. BTW why not?

DOF could have been a bit bigger, agreed, but I was wanting the flowers to be out of focus. The bee should have been in focus and the lesson (one of) is that I should have bracketed the shot.

Cropping, I like your close crop bee, but I liked the framing that the flowers provide.

If I could have composed the shot, I would move the bee to the left so that it would be looking to the bigger part of the frame.

You now know the thought process and may even have a good idea on where I am (rookie).

I wasn't trying to be rude.. just to get your attention! lol!

Wide Angles take in a lot of territory... and have massice DOF. As you noticed the bee is a little soft... if you had dropped to F11 / F16... and drop the shutter speed to match that, he would have been razor sharp!

check this out Online Depth of Field Calculator

Another thing that Wide Angles do really emphasize the foreground! If you had moved in... and got that lens as CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to that bee... within inches if possible, it would have been a cool shot! Huge bee.. lots of flowers, and everything in sharp focus!

If you still have that lens, try it! Get get a small subject... get as close to it as you can (closest focusing distance!)... and see what happens!!! Any questions.. please ask!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back