Bee in Flight

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Found this guy when I was out for a walk yesterday. First time I caught the wings instead of a blur :)

C&C always welcome and appreciated.

Bee in Flight by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Great capture - you are right - don't often get the wings in flight, just a blur. My only comment is that the sky looks a little too blue - I really don't remember Ontario skies being that blue, but then it has been a long time - :sexywink: .

WesternGuy

Thanks WesternGuy :)
Good point on the sky, it was a beautiful blue with lots of gorgeous white clouds but perhaps not THAT blue lol
I'll lay with it after and bring the saturation down a bit and see what I come up with.

I like the photo but the sky is tooooo blue but, that has already been said. What was your shutter speed?

Nice capture, but the bee looks a bit OOF?

Thanks Greybeard and J_T.
It was shot at 1/1600 F6.3 ISO 250 and my lens was maxed out @ 200mm which is why it isn't über sharp.

Nice catch, Judi. I woudn't blame your lens completely for the lack of sharpness. Even at 1/1600 with that narrow a field of view the subject doesn't have to move very far for it to be noticeable. I know someone on another forum that shoots a lot of birds and I noticed yesterday that he shoots most of them at 1/8000.

Hey Scott, thanks :)
Good point, I def could have used a higher speed, sun is shining this morning so I'll be out critter hunting today and I'll try it out.
I haven't tried really high speeds yet, 1/8000 ... Wow haven't gone there yet with my bird shots, might have to play around with those kind of speeds and see what I end up with.

Judi, as a political comment, the sky is that blue because the Tories decreed it to be so. :lol:

Great bee shot. Darn, you're raising the bar high. As Scott has noted, the DOF is very thin, and you managed to get it pretty much on target. Manual or autofocus?

Judi, as a political comment, the sky is that blue because the Tories decreed it to be so. :lol:

Great bee shot. Darn, you're raising the bar high. As Scott has noted, the DOF is very thin, and you managed to get it pretty much on target. Manual or autofocus?
lol Love it!
Thanks Pgriz :) Auto focus/ High speed/ Al Servo and tracking the bee (lol if you can call it that... it's a bee and rather random) doing short bursts. I have many cute bee butt shots! lol
Excellent shot.... i would request to reduce that blue a bit :D
Thanks Frequency :)

pgriz, best laugh I have had all day, maybe all week - so is this what we can call "Harper blue". :lmao:

WesternGuy

P.S. Sorry Judi, not meaning to hijack your thread, but I couldn't resist the comment (LOL)

All good WesternGuy :) I had a good laugh too! Threads are like conversations, more replies = better conversation IMHO ;)

Judi, just a super shot. Nice composition. I'd take the brilliant blue skies over drab grey anyday of the week.

Thanks Joel :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back