What's new

My best Hornet Pic

40737016 1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
1,344
Reaction score
1,140
Location
Sussex
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,
This pic took me all summer to get.

I had a hundred blurry partial Hornet pics and I was walking across a wooden bridge and this one caught a bee right in front of me and was hanging about 6 inches from my face. I actually had to take a step back to get this photograph.
Hornet_JBO03.webp


I must have upset him as he dropped the bee and headed straight for me. This was the pic I took as I was backing away:
Hornet_JBO02s.webp


I always welcome comments.

CHEERS
JBO
 
@407370 NICE ONE!!! Nominated POTM
 
Last edited:
@407370 NICE ONE!!! Nominated POTM
Thank You.
This is the first pic I would show people to demonstrate what I want out of photography.
Outstanding. That will be difficult to repeat.
I expect that will be the best Hornet pic I will ever take. It will not stop me from trying next summer though.
Really nice shot
Thank You. :)
Very nice shots. Never knew wasps acted like bats and hung upside down.
I have seen them do this a few times but never close enough to get a photograph.
Excellent shots ... :encouragement:
Thank You :)
Excellent!
Thank You :)

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Total justification of buying a Nikon Z8 + MC105mm and spending hundreds of hours wandering around the forests and lakes of Sussex.

CHEERS
JBO
 
Thought I would mention that the Hornet pic just won an open competition at my Camera Club and it has reached the final round of a UK national competition for BBC Wildlife.

CHEERS
JBO
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom