Bee vs Spider

quickdraw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Feel free to C+C. This was my first weekend with my camera, so I am still learning a lot thanks in part to this place.

The bumble bee caught my eye, but when I got closer I saw that this little white spider was pretty mad at the bee and kept attacking. Big ol' bumble didn't seem to care. haha.

Bonus points if you can tell me what kind of spider this is. I did some Googling and didn't have any luck.

Thistle Flower: bee VS spider by 402Alex, on Flickr[/IMG]

Feel free to C+C. This was my first weekend with my camera, so I am still learning a lot thanks in part to this place.

The bumble bee caught my eye, but when I got closer I saw that this little white spider was pretty mad at the bee and kept attacking. Big ol' bumble didn't seem to care. haha.

Bonus points if you can tell me what kind of spider this is. I did some Googling and didn't have any luck.

Thistle Flower: bee VS spider by 402Alex, on Flickr[/IMG]

Crab spider.. Misumenoides formosipes Crab Spider - Misumenoides formosipes - BugGuide.Net

nice shot, btw! :)

Last edited:
Haha, that spider must be a third of the size of the bee. And if that's not enough, the bee has reinforcements! :eek: Nice capture!

-edited, beat to the right spider species by cgipson1 :p-

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back