lizheaemma

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A shot from our local photo walk. It was hand held and shot with my new to me 24-85 2.8 macro lens.

bee4photowalk.jpg

I am very frightened of bees but at the same time in aw of how furry they are!

Wow, great photo, though the wings are a bit OOF, but overall, great! I to am not too fond of bees, so taking a picture of one might not go over well :lol:.

Awesome shot, but to me it looks kind of OOF. Probably because it was handheld.

Like Ron says the photo isn't out of focus at all (OOF) the focus is very clearly right where it should be on the bee's head. Now you might say that a smaller aperture would have netted more depth of field to get the wings a bit more in focus and I would agree with that. However bees feeding are very tricky to get a good angle on as if their head isn't down and eating its flying away to the next flower.

Also bees (and most insects) when feeding can be amazingly singleminded about the eating, chances are it won't pay any/much attention to you at all (heck in the last few years the only time I got stung was without a camera when I put my hand on a wasp - and to be fair I wouldn't like to get squished by a large falling hand either).

I've taken a few shots of bumble bees and this is a great shot. Next time I would open up the depth of field to capture more of the bee such as the wings and hopefully next time it will look at you, we all want to see that pretty face!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back