What's new

Been playing with Water Drops for ages and this happened C & C Welcome

Dubaiian

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
184
Reaction score
18
Location
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure what to say, I am awestruck, was taking the standard water drop photos and one came out like this. This is NOT photoshopped, I can share the pre-PP RAW if you want to improve it $The Water Drop (1 of 1).webp.

Hope u like it; lots of technical issues, but I think the moment captured is incredible
 
wow... that is incredible.... once in a lifetime capture im sure lol thanks for sharing!
 
You probably had the flash on high-speed sync, and it uses a series of high-speed pulses to syncronize with the partly open shutter. You see one flash, but the drops are each illuminated by the the rapid flickers, giving you the trails.
 
without a doubt your shutter speed was at that perfect setting ;) Very cool shot.
 
Good for you!!!
 
You probably had the flash on high-speed sync, and it uses a series of high-speed pulses to syncronize with the partly open shutter. You see one flash, but the drops are each illuminated by the the rapid flickers, giving you the trails.

This sounds about right. I'd never thought of trying to use HSS flash to give a strobed effect on a fast moving subject.
 
You probably had the flash on high-speed sync, and it uses a series of high-speed pulses to syncronize with the partly open shutter. You see one flash, but the drops are each illuminated by the the rapid flickers, giving you the trails.

This sounds about right. I'd never thought of trying to use HSS flash to give a strobed effect on a fast moving subject.

Neither did I, but the effect is really neat. I'm going to thank Dubaiian for discovering a new use of HSS. Some experimenting is in order.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom